PDA

View Full Version : Suafoyt's family outing!

Steeleco
10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Posted on Suafoyt's behalf

KIDS UP FOR WEEKEND- GOT A COUPLE MORE HOOKED.

So my son and daughter along with her boyfriend came up this weekend to try for some deer. Saw lots of does Friday along with grouse galore but no bucks. On Saturday my wife and son scored the double and took care of all the business in the field and showed up home with these 2 little guys. I on the other hand had the first time hunter, my daughter's b'friend with me. Tried the tried and true area and NADA!! On the night bite I put them onto a skid trail that leads to a small cut block and I stayed in the truck to rest my creaky bones. Fifteen minutes later they come back out with eyes the size of dinner plates. On the way up the trail they bump into the first bull moose either of them have ever seen in the bush. They were within 75 feet and watched 'til he just walked away. I asked HOW BIG- and they said not very but not sure because they still aren't clear on the regs and no tag anyway. I'm out of the truck and loaded in a hurry and hustling up the road to a small clearing. I put the boyfriend on the road and tell him when I set up to head back into the bush. I get just to the edge of the small clearing and I see the young lad hustling back saying HE"S ON THE ROAD!!! Sure enough Mr Moose is trottin' right up the road towards us. I get the glasses on him and he stops dead. Can't tell how big with those ears in the way so I give him my best cow call and he takes 2 more steps and finally turns his head and wouldn't you know he's a 3x3. No moose but a great moment for them. They were really pumped. This morning it's pouring but it's the last day so out we go. Nothing at all in the first area at first light, so on to our last kick at the cat before they have to leave. Saw a couple of does and we were all starting to zone out when there he is. On the road and staring right at us. Out goes the the newby and by the time he's loaded the buck is up the side hill. The lad is walking further and further down the road when up goes the rifle and a shot from the 243 BSA Majestic and the guy has his first deer. A decent 4 point and smiles all around. A field dressing lesson and my daughter is getting her CORE next. All in all a super weekend for the kids with some great tales to tell, and heading to the coast with 3 deer. I'm beat and am slam dunking a six pack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/HBC%20hosted%20pics/IMG_0824.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/HBC%20hosted%20pics/IMG_0537.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/HBC%20hosted%20pics/IMG_0534.jpg

rishu_pepper
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Dude, nice bucks!! Congrats! :D

10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Sounds like AND looks like a great time was had by all, congrats to you all.
C/T

10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
wow those are 3 nice bucks!!! i would of love one of those after getting skunked this weekend.

Mr. Dean
10-06-2008, 09:39 AM
He deserved the "slam dunking" of the six.... :lol:

Congrat's folks!

Huey
10-06-2008, 11:43 AM
beauties!! I love the dark bone of the third one!!