PDA

View Full Version : MU 7-16 Any History in there(critter's)

Long bow
10-05-2008, 11:36 PM
For years our camp hunted out by Baldy Hughes in MU 7-10..but I cant get used to the traffic and it has been cut over pretty hard. At any rate the boys and I threw a dart and decided it didnt look to bad around the coyote lake area of 7-16..any news or reports from in there...Moose, deer, critters in general? I'm told there are trout in Joan(coyote) lake.
Thanks much.
have a good hunt.

Long bow
10-06-2008, 01:51 PM
well, it must be really good or...its really bad...:wink:

Caveman
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I've never actually hunted in there but have been in 7-07 alot in the last seven years ans guys coming out of 7-16 travel right by our camp and I've seen some big bulls come out. Fairly well used but as anywhere I'll bet if you get off the beaten trail you'll be alone

jml11
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah 7-10 is probably the busiest M-U around, I also switched to 7-16 as a result.

The southern parts of the M-U and easy access areas are very busy, particularly the north fraser road, darby road, tacheeda lakes area and the Chuchinka FSR, not much less than 7-10 at times. Trucks, camps and hunters everywhere, especially right now with the new calf season. Good thing is they are mostly road hunters. Also there are tons of moose, not too many deer though, a few whitetails in the southern portion. The moose are not always right out in the open as there are not too many new cuts but the moose are there. I have had a lot of success in the northern part of the M-U.

Coyote Lake area has a few recent cuts on steep ground which are quad/road hunted a fair bit but I bet very few people sit and wait/glass or walk these blocks, I've always thought about hunting this area as it sure looks moosey. If I recall correctly the roads will take you fairly high up the side of the mountain and you can do some good glassing from there! Good luck on the hunt. wish I hadn't filled my moose tag already so I could keep huntin em!

PGK
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Good fishin, decent country. Not much for deer.

Long bow
10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey Fella's..thanks for the info. Our camp looks at a successful hunt as the icing on the cake...we enjoy getting out for good stories, good food a good camp and sitting around the camp fire. We all like to shoot..and we do..thats the cake...we have hunted together for over 30 years,,,so have taken lots of game...
Its nice to be able to come on here and at least get a little info to a new area..we wont upset the balance by any means...just nice to get out and get away from the phones, wives and hustle and bustle..

Dirty
10-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Lots of Grizzly's in there.

lip_ripper00
10-06-2008, 07:24 PM

Geeze with all this talk of grizzlies around PG I think I will cancel my moose trip in to 5-15:eek:

NOT!!!!!:twisted:

PGK
10-06-2008, 07:27 PM

Lot's of Sodomy wagons too, but I don't hear you bitchin bout them :lol:

Not that many griz around joan lake.

moosinaround
10-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Not that many griz around joan lake.7-16 Not that many Grizz????? Lots of Grizz! You will see the sign, believe me!! Lots of moose, head into the thick stuff, they are there!! Big moose up there too! Moosin

killman
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM

:wink: ok.

Long bow
10-06-2008, 07:53 PM
hahahahahaha Oh my achin ribs...you guys are crackin me up now...not to worry, there will be a couple "grizz swatters" around camp..as long as no one has spotted "samsquanches"...should be ok...I dont like them.

Will be at Joan lake on Sat..stop in for a yak...Green camp:-P(Army tent)..yellow dog..

Dirty
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM

You didn't hear me bitchin' about the sodomy wagons? Every time I go to one I can't get a turn because you are in there toppin' off you tanks. PGK, bringing a new meaning to the word "airless".

300sako
10-07-2008, 07:10 AM
i ve hunted 7-16 for about 15years lots of moose not to many deer tons of grizz and even more hunters its a hiway in there now and the bush has grown pretty high its hard to see moose unless there in the road ps wear something orange up there u never no

Long bow
10-07-2008, 10:25 AM
thanks again fella's..good advice....althought this sodomy wagon stuff is a little scarey...

PGK
10-07-2008, 10:33 AM
lol, most guys that know 7-16 are hunting the north fraser from their trucks. There aren't a billion gbear up there. Joan lake has the odd one kickin round. The further NE of the connector between the darby and n fraser you go (off road), the more bears you will see but with the berry crop this year, bears won't be a problem.

Long bow
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Well..a couple of the the boys went and did a scout...decided it was to hard to hunt...we usually dont road hunt...not enough cut blocks around...so, we will be back over in 7-10..
Thanks for the help and info though...have a safe hunt..