PDA

View Full Version : gong show

wsm
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
went to a new place to hunt this weekend ( cramford ranch rd. through to siwash northeast of prinecton) .never seen so many other hunters in all my life, 20- 30 a day. no matter where i went there was hunters back of clear cuts 2k back into the timber, every corner i walked around. I even saw three different guys from different trucks in different spots looking at the same doe. it was very comparable to fishing sockeye on the fraser. the one thing that i learned this weekend was the importance HUNTER ORANGE, which i rarely wore. needless to say i will not be going back to that area any time soon. goodluck everyone and be safe

newhunterette
10-05-2008, 10:10 PM
well glad u made it home safe and sound from there :)

Steeleco
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Did you see any snow? We were about 20km north west of you and got nailed hard by the snow not just a few times. We did see other hunters, but it was the same 2 trucks a couple of times. Saw 2 spike forks taken today, each one in an area we had visited already in the AM. Timing, if I didn't have bad timing, I wouldn't have any!!

wsm
10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Did you see any snow? We were about 20km north west of you and got nailed hard by the snow not just a few times. We did see other hunters, but it was the same 2 trucks a couple of times. Saw 2 spike forks taken today, each one in an area we had visited already in the AM. Timing, if I didn't have bad timing, I wouldn't have any!!
no snow but it rained hard sat night

cowboy-up69
10-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Why do you think I gotta go to reg 3 to hunt??? Too many hunters come up here from the coast and slay all the animals! Its getting stupid.

huntwriter
10-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Since the day I got shot at, happened many years ago, I never go hunting anywhere in any season without wearing a blaze orange vest.

dunbartr
10-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Unfortunatley it seems many areas are getting to be this way. I was just saying today to my buddy as we were drinving out that there sohuld be a "gong" at the beginning of this road!!! Try making friends with some private landowners.... often they are welcome to hunters that are polite, and respectful of their land

huntwriter
10-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Why do you think I gotta go to reg 3 to hunt??? Too many hunters come up here from the coast and slay all the animals! Its getting stupid.

Region 3 is just as bad. During the four point or better early season I had the woods to myself. Then came the non-restricted antler season and the logging roads had more traffic then the Coquihalla after they closed the tool boot. I am not going out again until the November four point or better season starts.

To many hunters out right now and half of them seem to suffer that Lower Mainland illness called, road rage. Racing back and forth on the logging roads like there is no tomorrow.

huntwriter
10-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Unfortunatley it seems many areas are getting to be this way. I was just saying today to my buddy as we were drinving out that there sohuld be a "gong" at the beginning of this road!!! Try making friends with some private landowners.... often they are welcome to hunters that are polite, and respectful of their land

That is exactly what I am doing. Since we moved here I made contact with a few ranchers to get access to private land. Some landowners said outright no, quoting past experiences with yahoo hunters, and then changed to yes once they knew who I was and what i do.

creakinbones
10-06-2008, 08:38 AM
huntwriter----Region 3 is just as bad.

I don't know about that.We just got back from a weekend hunt in region three ( which we've hunted forever) and brought back a 4 point mulie and only saw 2 other groups of hunters.Maybe we should try to get out of the vehicles a little more and walk a bit instead of cruising the cut lines. That ain't hunting. You guys are making this sound like the states.

Machinist
10-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Go into region 6 during the general open season for moose Oct 20 to 26Th , Talk about a Gong show :-x

cowboy-up69
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Region 3 is just as bad.

Your full of sh*t!! I spent all day from 6am sat mornin to 8pm that night cruising around in a few parts in 3, spent $200 in gas and put on alot of k's, and all day we saw 3 vehicles! Now tell me how that is a gong show?? hahahahaha

showtimebc
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
i just did a morning hunt in a region 3 and saw about 7 trucks roaming around. on saturday they were everywhere!

10-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Your full of sh*t!! I spent all day from 6am sat mornin to 8pm that night cruising around in a few parts in 3, spent $200 in gas and put on alot of k's, and all day we saw 3 vehicles! Now tell me how that is a gong show?? hahahahaha

Region 3 is pretty big. I'm sure you could have both extremes.

BearSniper
10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Gong show.

Looks like the price of gas for Lower mainlanders is hitting hard:icon_frow

Seems most hunters are only going to region 8 near Princeton- Tulameen

I admit I'd love to be able to go to Pink Mtn , or Ft. Nelson area, but the gas would be very expensive.:???:

mcrae
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM
My rule don't hunt the weekends if your gonna stay near a road. I am lucky I make my own schedule so I can make my time off during the week...

Ron.C
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
gong show, easy solution. It doesn't matter where in the province you hunt, If you want to hunt without bumping into tons of guys, stay away from easy access/convenient/close to town areas and watch hunter numbers drop.

TIKA 300
10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Got back on saturday from a region 3 hunt,was there from sept 27-oct 4,and as of the 1st i only seen 1 guy on a dirt bike,and tire tracks from a couple other vehicles.

Guess it depends where ya hunt in those areas !!!!!

wsm
10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
i ran into guys while following game trails from the back of clearcuts into the timber 4 times. was 1 hr walking in the timber away from the clearcut on one occasion

TIKA 300
10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
i ran into guys while following game trails from the back of clearcuts into the timber 4 times. was 1 hr walking in the timber away from the clearcut on one occasion

OUCH !! Thats tough when you think you've got the area to yourself.

huntwriter
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't know about that.We just got back from a weekend hunt in region three ( which we've hunted forever) and brought back a 4 point mulie and only saw 2 other groups of hunters.Maybe we should try to get out of the vehicles a little more and walk a bit instead of cruising the cut lines. That ain't hunting. You guys are making this sound like the states.

Congratulations on your four point.

I am not a road hunter, not that there is anything wrong with that. Have you hunted in the States? I doubt it, because then you would know that road hunting in most places is not permitted. I mostly hunt from treestands, away from the crowd. But I see the traffic when I drive in.

huntwriter
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Son I don’t know you and therefore I never would assume that you’re full of ****. Region 3 is big and maybe where you’re going it’s not to bad but where I am going and what I hear from other hunters its bad. How much money and time you spend doesn’t interest or impress me one bit. Compared to my bills it's nothing but then again I hunt for a living and can deduct it from the taxes.:wink:

creakinbones
10-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Looks like you touched a nerve cowboy-up69. Hehehe

tikkat3
10-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I was hunting along the tulameen river this weekend and I saw a few hunters but nothing too crazy...I only saw them on the road though. Once I climbed past the cuts up the hills I was on my own.

huntwriter
10-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Looks like you touched a nerve cowboy-up69. Hehehe

No he didn't. It's all about manners and respect.:wink:

sawmill
10-07-2008, 05:36 AM
With a moniker like Cowboyup 69 maybe he was hunting Broke Back Mountain?

Mtn Wonderer
10-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Ouch!!! that's gonna leave a mark!!!

Iron Glove
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
With a moniker like Cowboyup 69 maybe he was hunting Broke Back Mountain?

:shock::shock:
Hope not, my son was hunting with him yesterday.
:redface::redface:

mcrae
10-07-2008, 03:48 PM
:shock::shock:
Hope not, my son was hunting with him yesterday.
:redface::redface:

You guys amuse the hell out of me:smile::smile::smile:

moosinaround
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
A guys gotta share! Public land is open to the public. There is LOTS of it! If you dont like the crowds, find somewhere else to hunt. I hunt close to town, lots of Southerners come up especially from the 10 to the 25 of Oct. They contribute to our econmoy, so come on up! I know my area well enough that I can find somewhere to go where the crowds are smaller! It usually means a little more walking, so be it!! It is beautiful out this time of year! So dont complain about it!! Just change it!! Moosin

Mr. Dean
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Region 3 does have its hot spots. No doubt about that... It also some quiet ones too.

tooty
10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Hunted up 3-37 two years ago,on top of some bloody mountain with a lake.Never saw anybody for 5 days.Got 2 bucks and saw some moose.

358mag
10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
its called lower mainland gut pile hunters

Iron Glove
10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
You guys amuse the hell out of me:smile::smile::smile:

Really, my son was hunting with him. I'll check out his posterior this weekend.
:redface:

hunter1947
10-08-2008, 12:01 PM
When this happens in an area I am hunting ,I head back into no mans land where I don't see any other hunters.