PDA

View Full Version : Waterfowl Heritage Days? ...Cow Bay

HuntNHookSports
10-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Anybody go out for Heritage Days?

Drove past Cow Bay this mornin' and evenin' but didn't see anybody I knew out.

I did see 10 wood ducks there this mornin' but when I tried to sneak up on them to take their picture they spooked real easy. (Note to self: shut off diesel truck and take off hi-vis vest when sneaking up on ducks).

Not alot of mallards around.

Tides are really low at Cow Bay for the opener next weekend. It will be hard to find water with cover near by. But it shouldn't effect alot of "opening day" guys as they can hit birds at 75+ yards. The ducks hate the low tide but the geese love it.

Corn is still standing on Dinsdale.

Good luck everybody!

Marc
10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Really low tides and my layout boat are best friends!:mrgreen: I can't wait to get out there and hopefully put the dog on a duck or two.

EvanG
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Took a young buddy of mine out this afternoon, pretty quiet but at least he got a few shots off.

Crazy_Farmer
10-06-2008, 06:16 AM
We got our cousin out on sunday. Just wanted to get him a duck or two but nothing was flying. Well after it got light out we heard some honks behind us. We managed to put some geese in range and he doubled on some them with his first kills ever. We were very excitied for him.

Dirty
10-06-2008, 06:53 AM
We got our cousin out on sunday. Just wanted to get him a duck or two but nothing was flying. Well after it got light out we heard some honks behind us. We managed to put some geese in range and he doubled on some them with his first kills ever. We were very excitied for him.

Great job getting a double for a newbie! I take my younger brothers out and there is often more misses than doubles.

shotgunjohn
10-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Got bumped for a hockey game. The young fellow I was going to take got to play forward for the first time this year.Oh well next weekend I get to shoot too.

johnes50
10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Really low tides and my layout boat are best friends!:mrgreen: I can't wait to get out there and hopefully put the dog on a duck or two.

How's the knee coming along Marc?