PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in 8-14

the sentencer
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
My dad got a doe draw for region 8-14 and were thinking of heading out that way in a couple weeks. I've only once hunted 8-12 and saw not a thing. I've done lots of mulie hunting in the Fraser Canyon area but this whole Kootenay and whitetail thing is new to me. If anyone could possibly point us to some forest service roads or areas where we should see a few deer that would be great. I like to get out and walk and am not much for road hunting, but if that's the only thing that works in that area anything would be appreciated, thanks.

10-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Try near Beaverdell, Christain Valley, tons of W/T. Find some areas off the beaten path. Tends to be lots of guys but there is a fair amount of deer there.
Good luck to you, avoid the week ends if you can. We always get game when we go there.
C/T

GoatGuy
10-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Christian Valley. Leave the roads on foot and there are plenty of deer and few hunters. Filling a doe draw should be a slice. Any of the FSR all the way up will have wt's.

Good luck

the sentencer
10-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys, that's what i've been thinking. I've heard it's a gong show in there but a doe shouldn't be to hard to find I hope. Are whitetail much different to hunt than mulies?

GoatGuy
10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Easier hunted sitting particularly at this time of year. For a doe you could sit at the edge of a cut or look for some natural features that will funnel the deer past you on the way in and out of cuts. There's always a pile of deer in that country and some good wt's and muleys if a person spends there time and keeps a little ways off the road.

Still hunting at this time of year in that country can be touch unless the ground is wet/snow covered or it's windy. WT's don't hang around nearly as long as muleys do.

good luck