PDA

View Full Version : Okanagan immature

brianscott
10-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Talked to my dad this evening,he went out today to get my brother a mulie.

My brother shot a 2 point mulie but was unable to recover it after 4 hours of tracking due to rain washing away the blood trail.

Feeling down and out at about 1:30 my dad and brother started heading down the mountain on the way down my dad caught a glimpse of a moose.
Dad stopped, and put the binos on it but couldnt identify sex.
Grabbed his gun and moved into a better position,from there he could see a cow and a calf moose and the original one he had spotted.
From here he could see little horns, but not count points. A little closer he cold make out the points but wasnt 100% sure it was an Imm.
1 cow call later the moose was identified as an immature,BANG goes the .338, poof goes a bunch of hair, and off runs the moose.
Another off hand shot and the sound of another solid hit comes back.

After 15 mins the trail was picked up quickly and my dads first immature moose was recovered, his second moose ever.

My dad is sure glad he had his quad with him to drag it out, my bro had to sit on the front rack so they could get enough traction to pull it.
Even then the winch was still necessary, dad estimated it about 340+ on the hook.

I will recieve pics soon but am unable to resize them. Could someone resize them and post them for me when I get them?

The Dawg
10-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Sounds like a great end to the day....PM sent

Sitkaspruce
10-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I will recieve pics soon but am unable to resize them. Could someone resize them and post them for me when I get them?

You do not need to resize them, Just download them to photobucket (free membership) click on the IMG, you should see a yellow copied come up on the screen, go to your post and right click and hit paste. I never have to resize the picts.

Good on your dad for the moose and tell your brother that wounding an animal, although it sucks, is part of hunting and he can learn from what happened.

Cheers

SS

Steeleco
10-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Get yourself a photobucket account. They will be automatically resized for you.

I'll do it for you but am taking off in the wee hours for the day, tomorrow!

ThisIsLiving
10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
congrats to your dad.... what part of the okanagan if i may ask ..... it wasnt up aberdeen region 8-23 was it?? bc i saw 2 guys pulling out an immy from there a few days ago ?

hannibal
10-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Good for you, I can only find bulls.:cry:

brianscott
10-05-2008, 08:23 PM
He got the immy near falkland, I guess he shot it and about 30 seconds later a guy pulled up and asked what was going on. my brother told him about my dad shooting the immature.
I guess all the guy said was "son of a b*tch!" and drove off.

BigfishCanada
10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
does it need two points to be a immy, or can it have spikes? I always thought it needed two but someone told me it can have spikes and thats legal, which is sweet.

Congrats cant wait to see the pics

ThisIsLiving
10-06-2008, 06:20 AM
it just has to have two or less points on the one side.... it can definetly be a spike..... or a 2x12 ... as long as there is only 2 on the one side.... one of my buddy's got 2 immatures two years in a row and one had 7 on the one side and a club on the other... the second one had 9x once again another club/ deformation from when it was still in velvet i assume

brianscott
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Here is a pic of that immature my dad shot,
looks like a decent size animal it will be good eating anyway.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr229/brianscott1986/GetAttachment2.jpghttp://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr229/brianscott1986/GetAttachment-2.jpg

FLHTCUI
10-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Yum, Yum Moooses...
10000 Wolves cant be wrong.
Cheers,
Rob

ThisIsLiving
10-08-2008, 07:04 AM
well done that is awsome.... that your dad and bro took that good on em

hunter1947
10-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Good going for your dad on his secount moose ,sometimes not all things go so bad at the end of a day http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.