PDA

View Full Version : socks and pinks

BCHunter
09-05-2005, 02:18 PM
well ex bc guide and i had a good time fishing yesterday...the fishing was pretty good...it started off pretty crappy because I backlashed one of my rods(i bring two) soon after I was into fish. I caught 4, one sockeye i released due to it being foul hooked...in the end i had one sockeye and two pinks...and i lost six fish.

It was pretty cool to be standing there with water up to your waste and having the pinks swim right by you...

ex bc guide
09-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Indeed, it was a good time,definatly lots of pinks in the river.
Mike

Freshtracks
09-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Not wanting to start a debate here.:roll:

But why not fish for pinks on the bars locally? They bite well on cast lures. Socks are open in the lower Harrison and you can get them to bite. :confused: I quit flossing ... it's like hunting bears over a garbage can full of bait. :redface:

IMO ...the socks should never have been open. DFO's only created more tension amongst the stake holder groups. I don't blame the commies for dropping their nets yesterday. And I know ... FN yadda yadda ... that's besides the point. Government politics. We're thinking sportsman here.

BCHunter
09-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks John for your opinion.

I plan on checking out the local bars tonight. I saw a few guys fishing across from the Old Pen. They said they've caught a few pinks and sockeye...thats only a 5min walk from here so I think i'll check it out.

1/2 slam
09-06-2005, 09:43 PM
I had a good weekend at Laidlaw. 3 springs and 6 sockeye (fished F/S/S) Released a lot. Got a few pinks. The springs were 15, 15 and 13. Didn't see any real big ones get caught. My buddy got a 22.:smile: :smile:

mark
09-06-2005, 10:25 PM
yip i fished at scale bar (hope) sat morn. had a 25 lb. spring and 4 sox by noon lost lots too.

BCHunter
09-07-2005, 06:18 AM
how was the scale bar? i fished there two years back...man was is a zoo