PDA

View Full Version : 5-15C and 5-02D

Steppenwolf
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello,

I have never hunted either of this two M.U.s, 5-15C and 5-02D. We have a group moose in 5-15C and I have an antlerless Mule Deer in 5-02D. Would be so kind as to provide tips or information about these areas?

Thank you
Kevin

NaStY
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I have never hunted either of this two M.U.s, 5-15C and 5-02D. We have a group moose in 5-15C and I have an antlerless Mule Deer in 5-02D. Would be so kind as to provide tips or information about these areas?

Thank you
Kevin

Seen lots of mouse and mule deer there last year. Should have np filling your tags. Is that a (group) or (shared) hunt?

Jimbo
10-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Not too sure about 5-15c, but lots of muley does in the cut blocks on either side of the Likely hwy. between Likely and the Beaver Valley.

f350ps
10-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Just came back from 5-15C for Moose. Pretty tough hunting, very warm and pissin rain. Never saw one deer but we weren't lookin to hard. Ghost Lk. area is yer best bet as the bush is very thick in that area. you've also can camp at Ladies Creek, nice spot. K

Jagermeister
10-01-2008, 08:14 PM
If it stays warm, hunt the higher elevations. Go out to the 3100 Road off the Bowron Lake Rd near Barkerville and travel back (SE) to the Cariboo River. Once you cross the Cariboo, you're into 15-C. Maeford Lake from the Likely-Keithly Creek side might be good too, but someone said that the road is washed out on the Maeford end. Lots of country to access and be mindful of the grizzlies, they'll be eager to claim your prize at this time of the year if they're in the vicinity. Anything west of Likely will be open for Deer. Somewhere around Moorehead Lake would be a likely spot to fill that tag.

The 'Hummer'
10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
You're getting very close to my old stomping grounds.;-) I lived in Wells for 10 years and my sister & I still own a cabin at Bowron Lake.

If it stays warm, hunt the higher elevations. Go out to the 3100 Road off the Bowron Lake Rd near Barkerville and travel back (SE) to the Cariboo River. Once you cross the Cariboo, you're into 15-C. Maeford Lake from the Likely-Keithly Creek side might be good too, but someone said that the road is washed out on the Maeford end. Lots of country to access and be mindful of the grizzlies, they'll be eager to claim your prize at this time of the year if they're in the vicinity. Anything west of Likely will be open for Deer. Somewhere around Moorehead Lake would be a likely spot to fill that tag.

Schmaus
10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I think it should be a pre requisite that you research the area you put in for limited entry hunting. I love all the "I put in a random draw in __ area" so what should I do now threads.

Steppenwolf
10-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Next year I will know more about this area. I usually go to Pink Mountain area.

I think it should be a pre requisite that you research the area you put in for limited entry hunting. I love all the "I put in a random draw in __ area" so what should I do now threads.

Wild_Dog
10-01-2008, 11:31 PM
deleted cause I'm drunk.....lol