PDA

View Full Version : Help with LEH please!

Steppenwolf
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Trying to contact a CO is difficult these days. I am trying to find out information about rules of a group hunt. Four guys in group hunt, two fellows are heading to camp for openning day, the other two guys won't arrive until 4 days after tags are legal. With me so far? Can the first two fellows fill a tag between the Wednesday and Saturday? In short form do all four guys have to be in camp to legally fill a tag on a group hunt?

Another question,
In a group hunt : do all four guys recieve a notice of authorization valid for what ever animal you put in for Or is it just the two fellows who's names were drawn?

Any help appreciated

reach
09-30-2008, 09:35 PM
In a group hunt, each hunter has an authorization, so the two hunters in camp can harvest two animals then the other two guys can harvest their two when they arrive.

However I suspect you're talking about a shared hunt for moose, where the four of you have two authorizations for the group. In that case I believe the two in camp could harvest both animals (if they really wanted to piss off the latecomers) :D

Keep in mind all harvests have to be recorded immediately on the authorizations of all members of the group, so you would have to make sure any early harvest is recorded before the other guys get into the field.

Your last question doesn't make much sense. In a shared hunt, if any one member is drawn, the entire group is drawn. In a group hunt, all entries are put in as one entry so again, it's all or none. There is no case where two guys are drawn and two guys are not, if the draw cards were filled out correctly.

Fisher-Dude
09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
The first two guys can hunt without the other two there. You must have a means of communication (eg cell phone) to let the slow pokes know when you've shot a moose.

All four members of the group should receive an authorization notice. It will list all the members of the group on each copy, as well as a "record of kill" area that ALL of the members must fill out ASAP after a kill is made.

Good luck with your hunt.

Caveman
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM
In a group Your last question doesn't make much sense. In a shared hunt, if any one member is drawn, the entire group is drawn. In a group hunt, all entries are put in as one entry so again, it's all or none. There is no case where two guys are drawn and two guys are not, if the draw cards were filled out correctly.

If they were incorrect, the entire group as I know it would be DQ'd

Freshtracks
09-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Group Hunt = everyone should have received a LEH. All require species tag.

Shared Hunt = 2 of whatever you are hunting for may be harvested by any of the 4 in the party. All must have species tags. And yes, if the early arrivees shoot the 2 species ... they must notify you & ? and your hunt is done for that Shared Hunt.

jml11
09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Another question,
In a group hunt : do all four guys recieve a notice of authorization valid for what ever animal you put in for Or is it just the two fellows who's names were drawn?

Based on this question it sounds like you actually do not have a group hunt at all. If only two guys received authorizations and the rest of the group did not, you were entered separately based on a application error and only the guys drawn are able to harvest animals.

Steppenwolf
10-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Thanks for all the help:-)

My authorization letter says at the top of the page:

"Moose shared Hunting Authorization valid for group limit of two moose." Below that
The hunt dates below this
My hunter number, and below that is my name.

With all four fellows named at the bottom.

The authorization sentence is a bit confusing to me. (My brain is on a dimmer switch and it is turned down a little)

thanks
Kevin

3kills
10-01-2008, 06:11 AM
so four of u have a shared hunt for moose two moose can be taken all four of u have to have a tag...the firt two guys in kamp however can shoot both moose early and end the hunt early...every one that is in the shared hunt has to have one of them peieces of paper and once ur moose is killed every one has to fill out the paper work on it...

jml11
10-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Where is your draw? Even though the group is only allowed two moose under the authorization, you may also be able harvest a couple of immature bulls or calves under GOS (if there is a season in the M-U your are huntinh...hope this doesn't add to your confusion....

Steppenwolf
10-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks to all who answered!