PDA

View Full Version : Bear down (finaly)

Deerwhacker
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
After season after season of carrying a bear tag around and only seeing and harvesting ungulates my bear bad luck streak ended last week as i hammered a nice 4 1/2' boar.
After work me and my bud head out to go help my old man build a tree stand up on a cut we've hiked into numerous times,seeing that it is only a 15 min drive from our place and work i tell my bud to just bring his 30-06 with a few bullets incase a dumb whitey buck pops out on the way . well on the way i notice a bear up a road a bit so my bud passes me his gun seeing that ime the one with the bear tag so i walk up the road a few hundred yards to see that hes still there feeding without a care in the world . On my arse and bipod down as i wait for a shot , bear walkes out of the ditch and onto the road givving me a broadside shot boom! one in the shoulders as he then stands on is back legs and faces me boom! right in the center of the ribcage . A closeup putdown shot later i got my first bear. ( side note spear 165gr bt hp = garbage bullet ). now all happy to explain to my old man why were late to help him build his stand we are almost at the point where my dad is parked when we see a spike fork bull moose standing 40 feet infront of the truck . Just as I identify it it also dawns apon me that we only have one gun and we used up the little ammo we had on the bear .... oh well still one animal in the freezer and as ray says "some times she goes some time she doesent"http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/Howhacker/IMG_0032.jpg

The Dawg
09-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Yum...sausage and smokies! I am still waiting to get my first bear...its not for lack of trying either! Congrats!

09-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Good job on getting your bear. It says you live in PoCo - where can you get a Whitetail within 15 minutes of PoCo?

Steeleco
09-30-2008, 12:11 AM
First black bear I recall anyone taking this fall? Good on ya!!

Mr. Dean
09-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Don't let steeleco anywhere near it!
He'll mess it up FAST with all his drool.

Cgrats!

Steeleco
09-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Don't let steeleco anywhere near it!
He'll mess it up FAST with all his drool.

Cgrats!

Ya so :p:p me likes bruin!!

Mr. Dean
09-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Ya so :p:p me likes bruin!!

Understood.

But please...... Say it. DON'T spray it :lol:
Got a tissue? :shock:

cndnmike
09-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Nice work - I let a bear tag go un-punched last year, and hope to not let that happen twice in a row (last year was first year hunting).

That being said I've scoped 2 this season - 1 early spring open - shot and a miss - the other was an absolute monster but I just couldn't get a comfortable scope on him (probably gun shy after my earlier miss) - oh well I know where he is and if Offroad don't get to him first I plan on having him in my freezer before not too long.

Derp
09-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Good job on getting your bear. It says you live in PoCo - where can you get a Whitetail within 15 minutes of PoCo?

x2

would love to get some whities here in poco!!!!!!!! :shock:

ps nice bear!

Offroad
10-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Hey cndmike If your lucky I'll let you shoot first.

Deerwhacker
10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
btw for you guys that are confused about whiteys in poco I work and am housed in a unnamed mountain near kelowna.

fireman357
10-04-2008, 10:05 AM
nice work, congrats, I'm still looking for my first bear, hopefully carma brings that moose back eh,