PDA

View Full Version : 100 mile house area

3kills
09-28-2008, 10:56 PM
we are headin out wednesday to try to fill are moose leh's..was wondering if anyone has hunted in around the gustafson lake area?? my dad and uncle have scouted the area out a bit and a have afew areas picked out to camp and hunt but was just hopin to get maybe some first hand knowledge of the are before i head in there...

burger
09-29-2008, 08:27 AM
If you have a leh for 5-1 then I would also look into the windy mtn area as well. We harvested a nice bull form there last year.Just north of the interlakes area on highway 24. Bowers lake.

Pm me if needed

mark
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
If your talking gustafson, then yer draw is in 5-02a, that a great draw! Any where out there is moose country. There is a place called moose valley canoe route, Valentine lake, the power lines between 83 mile and 97 mile is a great road hunt. Lots of swampy country in there, not sure about the logging in recent years but it shouldnt be too hard to fill that tag!
I can think of tons of awesome walk in spots but I couldnt even draw ya a map if I tried, Id be lucky to even find em again!

3kills
09-29-2008, 10:54 PM
ya mark thats the draw we have its the 5-02a draw...we are camping i think at gustafson lake...we picked that area cuz of the swampy areas in there....hopefully we will have good luck we leave wednesday night...

Flingin' Sticks
09-30-2008, 07:47 AM
LOTS of logging everywhere out that way, especially if you get out exeter rd. Should see lots of moose for sure.

thinkingman
09-30-2008, 07:58 AM
hey 3 kills

we have two permits for an leh oct 1-15 for 5-02 a

south of gustafsen has had lots of logging and the browse is coming back.

scouted that area on the labor day weekend and saw a bull as well as deer and a nice BB.

moose are in the swamps and then move from swamp area to swamp area.

thinkingman