PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic moose urine

la river
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Anybody ever try using synthetic moose urine? Picked some up the other day and boy does it stink!! Will try it out at a couple wallows, never tried it before thought others may have. Any feed back would be cool!

4570hunter
09-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Hmmm...... I think you wasted some money there friend!

4570hunter
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Let's hear your story about the product during your hunt how you placed it in the bush and results. Try and keep notes of the day to day activities. Times used in AM and PM when and how I think we would all be interested.

3kills
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
my uncle has used it with great success ..i will be tryin it in a few days...

Barracuda
09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
its not bad but it does leave a bit of an after taste:roll:

Sitkaspruce
09-29-2008, 08:49 AM
I have used it with some success.

I once called a bull moose up out of a draw and he walked in front of my truck while my client and I were standing by the back. I had to kneel down and look under the truck to see the moose. We were up wind, so I smeared moose cow in heat stuff on the bumper. I peaked around the side and the moose was lip curling and grunting. I looked at my client and he ask me what I thought, I told him that although he wanted a 50" moose, and that this one was 40", I usually do not let a gift go as the moose was on the old mining road and was 25' away. He smiled and boom, down he went. I believe the cow in heat stuff masked our scent.

I have also used it with my decoy and had bulls walk right up to the decoy. Not sure if it was the decoy or the mixture of the two, but it did not scare the moose away.

Cheers

SS