PDA

View Full Version : Meat Grinder

tailgate77
09-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I am looking to get a grinder, and I have a kitchen aid stand up mixer and I would like to get the attachment, but I am not sure where to find it. I would like to order one online cause I can't stand shopping and in my town we don't have much for variety of stores. Any leads would be handy. Thanks.

Statler
09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Sears catalogue page 469. Item (P) $85.
quick edit. Go to sears.ca they have them on sale till jan for $59.99

tailgate77
09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks I will check it out, I couldn't find one earlier.

betteroffishing
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
a warning though, it looks pretty wimpy , go in store and see it on the machine. propably fine for a quick 5 pound at a time grind but for my dollar i spent a little bit more and got a warring pro stainless with a 450 watt motor. ground a whole bear in about 1/2 hour and bearly broke a sweat.

Sitkaspruce
09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
a warning though, it looks pretty wimpy , go in store and see it on the machine. propably fine for a quick 5 pound at a time grind but for my dollar i spent a little bit more and got a warring pro stainless with a 450 watt motor. ground a whole bear in about 1/2 hour and bearly broke a sweat.

Ditto

Just went through 15 lbs deer for smokies and it was completed in about 15 minutes. Plus it has all the attachments for sausages and such. Costco usually has them.

Cheers

SS

K-1
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I got the 1HP. mod. that Cabela's sells. It will do 9-12lb a min.,, comes complete with stuffer tubs. Delivered to the door it was around $480.00.

2slow
09-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I have the kitchenaid one and did a batch of sausage not to long ago with it.. it is really slow and seems to be very hard on the machine..I did about 25lbs and using the sausage stuffer on it was alot of work.. save your money and upgrade to a dedicated unit like the other guys say. you wont regret it.

Barracuda
09-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I have to get a knew one or manual hand crank it as i seem to broken a gear in mine finishing up scraps for the dogs.:roll:

cdub
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I have used the kitchen aid but they work hard and heat up, which will heat up your meat and make a mess. Look for one in buy and sell, I got a Burkel the other year for 300 and it will do 1500lb an hour. Nice and fast but a lot of cleaning.

pikey
09-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Hey, I've been looking at grinders and just ordered the Waring Pro MG 800, it gets great reviews. I usually shop across the line but the BAY currently has it on sale for $152, and you can get it shipped for free to the nearest store, sale is on till Oct 2nd.

That's the best price I have seen for it!

jeeper
09-30-2008, 08:48 AM
I have the kitchen aid one and wouldnt want to due a lot at once with it !

You can get them from Canadian Tire .

Bruce

Mr. Dean
09-30-2008, 08:59 AM
:idea:
See Stuffers, in langley. They carry a line of heavy-weights from China... Normally something that I wouldn't consider but,,, they loaned me one that they were initially testing, and I ended up buying it.

Steeleco borrowed it from me, liked it, and forced his Mrs to buy him an even larger model than mine. They're not commercial grade but pretty darn close. The wound motors are big enough to power a small city! and all the 'parts' are chunky and heavy. My little #8 requires two hands to lift it...

I just finished grinding/stuffing over 50lbs of front quarters from off of my deer, and did up another 10#'s of old meat and made jerky. Last year it did up an entire, large bear and three deer for a friend - The thing is a gobbler.

KevinB
10-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I'll add another plug for the Waring Pro 450 watt model. A friend and I ground up about 30 pounds of frozen deer meat and it ate it up without complaining. I could pretty much feed it in as fast as I could and it kept up. Needless to say thawed out meat is that much quicker. I like it.

The heavy duty ones Mr. Dean mentioned sound very good too.

newhunterette
10-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I use hand grind as well as have a heavy duty braun all kitchen aid with grinder attachment - I also saw walmart has a handy in camp style grinder in the hunting and fishing section of the store