PDA

View Full Version : Forestry road maps

abbyfireguy
09-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Just checking to see if anyone has any contacts or knows where to look/ask for current forestry roads mapping info..
I am looking for current info .
Last year when up in the Finger Lake 5-13,6-01,7-11 area we found a new,very large road they were almost finished that headed east towards Quesnel for the Kluskus Forest Road Main....
If that road does go out as far as Quesnel or anywhere on the main highway between George and Quesnel that would save us a couple of hours driving getting into the Finger Lake/Kenney dam area when heading up there or at least heading home with our anticipated moose.
The road they were building looked way too wide and large to just go into a cut block...
We drove east on it at least 30 km's but had to head back to camp for dinner .
Any info pointing me in the right direction for current maps would be greatly appreciated..
I have all the latest road and recreational maps but they are at least two years old..

Thanks

09-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Try contacting the BC Forest Service in the area you are interested in and see if you can scam a map off them. My Grampa has never really had an issue getting them from the Forestry guys.

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/mof/regdis.htm

Sitkaspruce
09-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Abbyfireguy

Get a hold of the Vanderhoof FS and ask who in the primary logger for that area. It is probably Canfor. Get a hold of them and ask for their FSP maps. If it is BCTS, ask for their drafting dept. and request a copy of their FSP, they are in the same FS office. Our maps suck and are out of date, way out of date:roll::o. The licencees do theirs every year. If it is closer to Quesnel, then contact them.

You can also use Google Earth, which you might have already, and Mapview, which you can access from the Forest Service website.

Hope this helps

Cheers

SS

island hunter
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
you could try your local search and rescue i've heard they sell them as well.

ez.