PDA

View Full Version : Slow in PG??

Flingin' Sticks
09-27-2008, 01:23 PM
So I managed to sneak out of the house for a couple of hours this morning again, and yet again there wasn't much moving. five hours in the bush and one bear seen, and that was driving from one spot to another. Has anyone else up in this neck of the woods been seeing anything, or are we just in for a really slow year?

lightmag
09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
i was out from 6am-7:30pm yesterday, nothing but one bear and 1 grouse!!! very quiet out there right now.

iamdaytona
09-27-2008, 02:14 PM
went out with moosinaround and noahdawg. Seen 2 bears and 5 mulies, moosin shot the 2x2 mulie. Its been picking up the last week or so. Daytona

Schmaus
09-27-2008, 02:23 PM
The last couple of weeks has been crazy for moose. I have seen quite a few bulls. A couple of them have been two points but I couldn't make it work out.

Schmaus
09-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Oh yeah I have only seen a couple of chickens. Doesn't seem very good for them, but I usually don't start to get lots of them until the leaves and underbrush are bare.

ape
09-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Was out last Sunday saw 5 moose 2 deer and about 10 chickens. That was in about 3 hours. Was out the wed before and jump a cow elk and something else but couldn't get a look at it. Just a matter of where you are.

reach
09-27-2008, 08:03 PM
I was out for about 4 hours this morning near Bednesti and didn't see anything. Couple of fresh beds (one moose, 2 deer) but very little fresh deer sign. A fair amount of bear and moose sign but didn't see anything moving.

I just moved up here so I have no idea where I should be looking... having fun exploring though. Beautiful day for a walk :)

jml11
09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
It has been slow for me too, seen nothing, that is until today. After the first hour of looking around with nothing I figured it was another skunked day, then the moose came out the wood work, first saw an immy with a third nub that I didn't get a good enough look at to make a call that it was not actually a point. Then ran into a big bull with cow. Meet up with a buddy who had seen a cow and on his way to meet us a 2X3 crossed the road in front of him. He has a big bull draw in another M-U so I went after him and after about 45 minutes finally intercepted him crossing a cut...and then the worked started. Speaking of which I better go finish skinning!

ianwuzhere
09-27-2008, 08:31 PM
2 cows today - was all.. seein something almost every time i go out- just not the right stuff...

Ride
09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Seen a mulies buck and two bears at the jail on friday. Seeing lots of deer out east and moose. Lots of wolf sign too. Can't wait to get back out there.

ianwuzhere
09-29-2008, 07:31 AM
i second to seeing lotsa wolf tracks... maybe its why i am seeing lots of dry cows...

PGFullMonty
09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I have mostly been hunting other regions of the Province so far, but my buddy got an Immature on the weekend (Sat) and his father in law also got one on the weekend as well. I have been out a dozen times or so and have seen bears and moose every time, but very few Mulies and no chickens at all!?!? I am hunting around here for October so we will see what happens. Good Luck Guys!
PGFM