PDA

View Full Version : NAP Quicktune 2000 dropaway modifaction.

bochunk2000
09-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know if I can modify this rest to work on my bow that has the cable guard under the grip instead of over? I just got one for a good deal on Ebay but realised that it might not work when I read up on it some more.

sealevel
09-03-2005, 08:09 PM
I don`t see what difference it would make to your rest being underneeth. I don`t have a nap but i have a trophy taker and i serve it down on my cable. Go for it can`t hurt anything goodluck.

Eagle1
09-03-2005, 09:14 PM
bochunk2000,
You should of asked me first before you bought the rest. You can't use the rest on a lower cable guard cause the place where the cable to pull the rest up into position is to far forward and the angle pull to the lower guard is to much and you can't get enough leveage to pull the rest up. { I tried it with a NAP 4000} The little lever arm on the rest would have to be moved around more and a new hole drilled , but the shaft is not big enough to withstand another hole. Look at a couple of other rests that hook to the cables, they will possable work on the lower cable guard, Trophy Taker, Cavalier, the new Cobra Diamondback,and so forth.

bochunk2000
10-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Well it finally came in the mail. I went over to Puppychow's house and we modified it. We attached it to my down cable. It works like a charm. I just need to adjust my sight a little and I'm golden.:smile: :smile: