PDA

View Full Version : I think this place is haunted

tooty
09-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Region 7-25 Cunningham 51 rd Nan Tl'at IR.Just east of the reserve on the high side looking down the valley and up the Babine.Must of been an old farm or something.The bush has eyes everywhere watching you.The most creepy...the hairs on your neck.My brother inlaw was back to the truck before me and just said lets go.

blacklab
09-25-2008, 08:27 PM
There is a lot of history right there, going back to Hudson Bay days.

sawmill
09-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Babine Lake or river?I used to live up there ,is it close to Ft. Babine ?

09-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Maybe, it's the Sam-sqwinch thats been in the news lately, I mean Sasquatch ..... LOL
C/T

tooty
09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Have you been there? We went back the next year.We barely made the left turn before the reserve on the 51 rd before the creeps over came us again.Turn around back out and the feeling just goes away.I hate that crap.We never went back,something awful happened there.

tooty
09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Right at the very bottom end of the lake is where we were.

jiggy
09-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Any pics of the area,sounds creepy!

huntwriter
09-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I hunted a place in America like that. The moment you turned of the main road and onto the forest road we got funny vibes about the place. The locales avoided this place like the pest. There where times when I sat in the treestand and all of a sudden it would get dead quiet, even the birds and squirrels would shut up. An hour or so later you could hear the insects hum again and the birds singing. Creepy place. The locals say that way back when a burial place for the hanged criminals was near that area.

BigfishCanada
09-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I had a feeling like that once, after getting in the truck we found out there was a angry grizz in the area

BigBanger
09-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Sounds kinda cool . Might be worth a drive , I like places like that .

Gateholio
09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't believe for a minute that humans know everything about this world we live in..

Johnnybear
09-25-2008, 11:32 PM
You guys are letting your head's get carried away. Yeah alot of stuff probably happened there as it does anywhere. Don't let the boogie man get ya:lol::lol::lol:.

zigman
09-26-2008, 06:34 AM
I don't believe for a minute that humans know everything about this world we live in..

Too true...

tooty
09-26-2008, 07:43 AM
I don't normally get exited about such things,but going back and having the same feeling come over us again.The feeling of dread and gloom,heaviness...and being watched from behind every tree.It was way to creepy.I'm getting to old for that kind of crap.We just call it the place of many eyes,and just stay away.

MichaelB
09-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Tomorrow's opening day where I live, and you guys are creepin' me out! I am definately now gonna bring my flashlight for the early morning trek to the stand and carry a bible in my pack. I've definately been to places that just doesn't seem right. Tomorrow's spot fortunately doesn't give me that vibe.

Sitkaspruce
09-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Region 7-25 Cunningham 51 rd Nan Tl'at IR.Just east of the reserve on the high side looking down the valley and up the Babine.Must of been an old farm or something.The bush has eyes everywhere watching you.The most creepy...the hairs on your neck.My brother inlaw was back to the truck before me and just said lets go.

Tooty

Been there a ton of times. I have never felt anything weird there. I think it is a neat place and if you go right to the bottom, you will come to the old reserve. We go up there when the sockeye are running and the natives give us a bunch of smoked fish, especially when we BS with them and help them. It is the old reserve site and a farmer tried to make a go of it there years ago. Lots of history there, and old trail runs between there and Stuart lake. Not much for moose on the drive in but if you go in a boat and hunt the outlet of the Sutherland River, some great area's to hunt, but of course you need to have a 6-6 or 6-4 draw.

Cheers

SS

tooty
09-26-2008, 08:38 AM
That sounds like place,haunted or something.

Wolfman
09-26-2008, 08:41 AM
I don't normally get exited about such things,but going back and having the same feeling come over us again.The feeling of dread and gloom,heaviness...and being watched from behind every tree.It was way to creepy.I'm getting to old for that kind of crap.We just call it the place of many eyes,and just stay away.

Staying away is probably wise. You never know if the feeling of eyes watching you might also be capable of more than just watching.

Wolfman

Derp
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
i think someone is trying to save some good hunting grounds for themselves!!!

boooooo (ghost noise)

rishu_pepper
09-26-2008, 12:12 PM

boooooo (ghost noise)

Pink camo will fix that. :-P No physical/spiritual being will be able to stand that! :biggrin:

Stone Sheep Steve
09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Salmon in the valley?? Maybe it's a grizz nearby and you did't know it. Sometimes our senses are better than you think........

I remember a time when an old GF and I were fishing the Bella Coola River. It was later in the day and we hiked down to a place called the Grizzly Run. It was the first time that we had been there.....long story short...I was fishing and she decided just to lean against an huge downed cedar tree and watch...I made a few casts and she told me" Let's get out of here. I just don't like it. This place gives me the creeps!!". I said "Sure" . We had to climb back over the huge downed tree she was leaning against....and when we did there was a big pile of grizzly bear diarrhea full of fish bones. There was no way it was there when we first climbed over the log as we would have had to step in it.

We ran into that bear a few minutes later:eek:.

I think our senses are better than we think but most of the time we just don't pick up on it.

SSS

muleychaser
09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I had a feeling like that once in 20 years of hunting. We were younger and down in Cache Creek hunting. We drove up to this one area to stay the night ,as we were camping whereever we felt like each night , anyways for the first time in my life a feeling came over me and I looked at my buddies and said "we are not staying here". They of course started ribbing me and I looked at the one guy said it again, this guy knew me and could see I meant it so he turned around and off we went. I don't quite understand the feeling but I just felt something bad was going to happen if we stayed, and the feeling was so powerful it still makes me shiver to this day.

Jimsue
09-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Been in there a few times, I hear they call it Little America, the last time we went in we were looking arround and a truck load of native guys rolled in. They showed us around and we passed out a few beers, then one of the guys explanes that these guys are here for a bit of drying out. Nice bunch of guys.
Now that I'm thinking of it there was this really weird kind of schrine thing on the Cunningham, with deer heads and some other bits hanging in the trees. I don't know if it was the Natives or not.

09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm telling you it's the " Sam-Squinch ! I mean Sasquatch !

Bubbles has been there !!

Julian too along with Ricky, oh Brother .... haunted !!
LOL
LOL
LOL
!
Best be staying at home boys if thats how you feel, forget any remote pack in.
If you get the gebies there, what happens to you when the plane or jet boat take off after dropping you for 2 weeks?
C/T

Elkhound
09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Mike...never been there....but have had places make me feel like that. Freaky

abbyfireguy
09-26-2008, 04:31 PM
My house is like that once every month...:shock::tongue:..

The Hermit
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Pink camo will fix that. :-P No physical/spiritual being will be able to stand that! :biggrin:

A hahahahahaha! Durp you might as well go get a pink camo tattoo cause this whole thing is going to stay with you just as long!

Wildman
09-26-2008, 04:44 PM

boooooo (ghost noise)

I was thinking the same thing......by the way, I feel that way everywhere on the NVI!:shock:

wildman 22
09-26-2008, 04:54 PM
i agree with sss,i thinkour senses are better than we think.many times out hunting i have a certain feeling and tell myself to go or look in a certain direction and see an animal standing there or sneaking away.tooty maybe there is some link to your ancestors there.

Wolfman
09-26-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm telling you it's the " Sam-Squinch ! I mean Sasquatch !

Bubbles has been there !!

Julian too along with Ricky, oh Brother .... haunted !!
LOL
LOL
LOL
!
Best be staying at home boys if thats how you feel, forget any remote pack in.
If you get the gebies there, what happens to you when the plane or jet boat take off after dropping you for 2 weeks?
C/T

Its a F****ing Samsquantch Ricky! ;-) Call Mr. Lahey boys, before its too late and it eats my kitties ;-)

Wolfman

sparkes3
09-26-2008, 06:48 PM
wheres your zombie kit

mrdoog
09-26-2008, 06:56 PM
That area is full of flying monkey nests as well.
Never seen the actual monkeys, just their nests.

tooty
09-26-2008, 06:58 PM
I've been hunting for 30 years.This place is the only place I've been that I've felt that way.Crawling down bear coridors,stepping on steamy griz crap sometimes makes you wonder want the hell you are doing.This was a little different,like some flaming arrow from hell is coming....both times we felt that way.

tooty
09-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Also we ran into a few natives from the reserve down the road,good group of guys .Gave them moose tongue and snout from 3 moose we got.Brothers for life now.Never asked about the place of a thousand eyes.Never speak of the dead.

Gateholio
09-26-2008, 08:04 PM
I think our senses are better than we think but most of the time we just don't pick up on it.

SSS

Me too....

Sometimes you gotta listen to your gut.:eek:

Interestingly, the modern world has almost "trained" us to NOT go with your "gut" feeling.

I can see SSS's gal saying "lets get out of here, I feel weird" and some "modern" guy saying "Bear attacks are very rare, I will pull up the stats on my Blackberry to show you" instead of looking around and thinking "hey, I think we just poached a grizzlies fishing spot!"

:)

Orangethunder
09-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I have worked in the bush for about 13 years now and only once did I really get the 'creeps' so to speak. We were laying out a road through some ugly alder swales. I caught a glimpse of something and it just felt wrong. We left and came back a week later. We managed to phsych ourselves up and go for it.

That day my partner and I got treed by a cougar for about two hours. A helicopter finally came and circled the balsam we were in and scared the cat away.

Funny how 'vibes' work:shock:.