PDA

View Full Version : Turkeys in Osoyoos Lake area

Satain
09-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Going to be up in Osoyoos Lake area between Oct. 17 - 20 for a guys get away and was just wondering if there was any tom's in the area or if there is an outfitter out there that can guide us on a tom hunt?

ruger#1
09-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Try mckinny creek adventures. if you hunt in 8-01 its any turkey. http://www.mckinneycreek.com/

Satain
09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey wow thanx a mill!
I will give them a call right now.
:cool:

Springer
09-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I thought there was only a Turkey season in the Spring?

ruger#1
10-19-2008, 01:56 AM
8-1,8-9 any turkey Oct 1 - Nov 30 one turkey only.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-19-2008, 04:53 AM
I would imagine the success rate would be realtively low for a fall hunt since they're not strutting.

Maybe they might have access to private fields where they're coming in to feed.

Keep in mind that it won't be nearly as exciting as a spring hunt.

SSS

Satain
10-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Just came back and found nothing. All I kept on hearing from hunter's in the area is that turkeys are only in rock creek and christian valley. So sad even the C.O. in that area laughed at us and said "Ya I see turkeys right know! There talking to me." But a lot of buck's in that area and does!

ruger#1
10-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Sorry to say they have been seen on the road to Mckinny creek east of Oliver, That co sounds like he never gets his shoes wet. There are also reports from people that live in Oliver that turkeys have been seen west of Oliver. They get spooked during hunting season.

Lionhill
10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
I've heard about them on the south east side of Baldy, but not Oliver. I'm sure they would have quite an impact on the wine/vineyards there.

I've been hunting the west side of Baldy, nothing seen yet.

LH

huntergirl270
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
I know where some turkeys are and I'm not just talking about the two legged kind. :)
Unfortunately they are in 8-14 so no go until spring :sad:

ruger#1
10-22-2008, 05:25 PM
This is the reason for the any turkey season. They have been seen just off the pavement just east of Oliver on the McKinney road. They multiply fast and need to be pushed back. A bear is worse then turkeys on grapes, But then again you can fence a bear out.

bogman
10-27-2008, 02:10 PM
The turkeys are definately here just east of Oliver as I saw 8 of them 2 days ago. Didn't have a chance to get the shotty out of the scabbard on the quad before they all got in a perfectly straight line and started running at mach 3. Funniest thing I have seen out hunting in a long time. Guess I am forced to go get a call now and learn some patience.

Bowzone_Mikey
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
The turkeys are definately here just east of Oliver as I saw 8 of them 2 days ago. Didn't have a chance to get the shotty out of the scabbard on the quad before they all got in a perfectly straight line and started running at mach 3. Funniest thing I have seen out hunting in a long time. Guess I am forced to go get a call now and learn some patience.

I have got to convince that my In laws need to go Oliver this month to "check " on their retirement house ... and need to take me along:-o

I spent alot of my formative years in Oliver as thats where My Dad grew up and Grandparents lived untill they passed