PDA

View Full Version : MY first hunt

steelheadSABO
09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
went on my first hunt this weekend so heres the storie
day 1 we saw 4 does and some grouse that where sitting on the side of the road poped one couldnt find him then we drove for about 2 hrs came back to the same spot then found him laying dead
day 2 started out by seeing 2 bull moose in a field 3 does and 3 fawns and a dead deer laying in a field drove abit saw one bear only about 100 lbs and 2 small to shoot earler that morning we were walking a trail and i saw a black thing walking in the bush but it turns out it was a cow:razz:
day 3 we walked up behind the cabin and we turned off a cow trail walked abit and we came up to a huge bug kill laying in the way of the path and there was a trail going off to the side i walked it for about 5 feet and a doe took off and i saw a two point standing there so a moved around the tree for a shot and i must of had abit of buck fever because i couldnt get the lever to close and by the time i did the buck was gone:cry:so we kept walking the trail and near the end i saw two grouse under i pine i said dad two grouse booom with the 308.:-P before my dad could even point the 22 he missed his grouse and mine was flapping he said ring its neck i said it doesnt have a neck. then on the drive back down my dad baught a 30 30 from lonne butte sporting goods and we went the green lake way and saw a fox then we went down threw lillooet and saw a bear and her cubs:-Pwe went over fountain flats and shot off his 3030 so we came home with only two grouse:redface:ITS LIKE FRENCHBAR SAYS ITS ALL ABOUT DA BONDIN:-P so any way it was a great first hunt:-P

Sitkaspruce
09-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Sounds like you had a good time and with your dad to boot!!! Good on you. And buck fever will never ever really leave, you just have to learn to control it. Also shooting a grouse with your .308 and a head shot is some great shooting!!!

Just a hint, and please do not take it the wrong way, but break up your sentences into groups. IE each day make it a group of sentences and info, then leave a line for space and add the next day. It makes your story easier to read. Also make your sentences with periods so that we, the reader, can follow your story. Again, not trying to give you an english lesson, just some pointers for future stories, because there will future stories.:smile:

Cheers

SS

born2hunt
09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
quality time with dad is a bonus too:)

rishu_pepper
09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Two grouses are better than no grouse. Besides, time in the field beats work, esp. spent with family!

Untouchable
09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Again, not trying to give you an english lesson, just some pointers for future stories, because there will future stories.:smile:

No kidding, it's Sitka who needs the lesson. ^^^^^;-)

Sitkaspruce
09-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Again, not trying to give you an english lesson, just some pointers for future stories, because there will future stories.:smile:

No kidding, it's Sitka who needs the lesson. ^^^^^;-)

LOL!!! another one of those...the words there...in my mind at least...but not on the screen. It took me about 5 reads before I saw my error:redface:. Lets add "be" in the last sentence, after will......:redface:. Ok class dismissed.

Thanks UT LOL!!!

Cheers

SS