PDA

View Full Version : Back from 6-06 and NO MOOSE !!!!

Machinist
09-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Just got back from 12 Day's of Hunting for moose in 6-06 , Talk about the return of Summer up north , the weather was Hot Hot !! We had to go into Burns Lake to buy sunscreen, All we seen were 3 cows and two of them had quite a bit of hide rubbed off , I was told by the CO it was from them trying to rub off the ticks , I have been hunting up there since the late 60's and have never seen so little moose in the area and the weather so hot for this time of the fall, Talked to several locals in there as well on the LEH , hunt and they had not seen any bulls either ,They said the Ticks and the big snow fall two years ago has really done in the moose populations in 6-06 / 6-05 . Tried calling in all my usual locations and no response , caught lots of Burbitt in the lake , the water was warm so we went swimming every day :mrgreen: It was raining from Quesnel to Hope yesterday on the way back so Hopefully it will cool down up there , It was a good time in the bush and a good holiday , there is allway's next year.

Tikka7mm
09-22-2008, 09:23 AM
12 days of hunting and no moose is better than 12 days at work imo. I watched a show on National Geographic about tic infestations and their effect on moose....pretty disturbing. Once those tics become a problem they can really hurt the moose population. They get so bad that I wouldn't want to shoot one if it did have tics; sometimes they swell up the size of grapes and they'll just keep sucking the blood out of them until they collapse....

todbartell
09-24-2008, 09:04 AM
I know a guy who took a bull in 6-6 a few days ago