PDA

View Full Version : delta waterfowl banquet -last night

fowl language
09-21-2008, 05:40 PM
well we managed to pull off another successful banquet,thanks in part to a number of members on this board. without you guys we would not have been nearly as successful.thanks to ian, dano, dan, michel, mark ,stan,rick, dennis, rich and i hope i havent forgotten any one as i was fairly busy last night and would feel bad about it.i would like to thank you for your time and donations and participation to make it a success for the future of waterfowl and hunting. thanks again ..........fowl

Ian F.
09-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Dale and everyone else please take a big pat on the back from me! The dinner was one of the best I've ever attended and already am looking forward to next year!

Hopefully the numbers came in healthy at the end of the evening, I know everyone at our table had a good time and put more then a few crab away...

Very best,

Ian

MichelD
09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
It was a pleasure to be there, participate and put faces on and shake hands with many of the members from this site who were there.

dave
09-22-2008, 09:26 AM
It was a great dinner. I think we owe the folks who pulled it together a big thank you. I really want to thanks Sandy for all his work and underwriting the dinner (which is huge). It was great to get together with so many waterfowlers. At our table there were lots of laughs, good stories and plans made for the upcoming season.

I went after Ian's Brant decoy during the silent auction but my pockets weren't deep enough. Guess I'll have to see if I can commmission him to make me one (as a memory of my first one last season).

I'm looking forward to next year.

fowl language
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
dave,sorry about the brant but you will be pleased to know that my hunting partner dennis and i ended up nearly in a wrestling match over the brant decoy.after that i had to buy the wife a pink 22 to keep her happy so maybe i saved you some grief or at the very least some money. oh well the teasing at least went to a good cause,that damn decoy cost me at least double what i planned on........fowl

dave
09-22-2008, 11:15 PM
No worries, good on you for going for it. I'm glad it went to a good home.

Dave