PDA

View Full Version : Region 4: Kootenay - MU's - for - B.C. hunter's

Jelvis
09-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Region 4: Kootenay

Vying with Region 7 for " Number 1 Destination" for BC hunters, Region 4 offers a diversified menu for hunters: elk, mule and whitetail deer, moose, mountain goat, Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, black bear, grizzly, coyote and cougar. Cougar are quite abundant in Mu's 15, 16, 17 and 18.
Elk and deer are healthy, MU's 4-20 and 4-23 have been getting better over the years, and the Grizzly bears also, black bears both brown phase and black plentiful all through the Reg 4.
-> Check for road closures to motor vehicles in all places you hunt.
Hunting on foot is permitted however, as are pedalled bikes and horses.
Check the current regulations for these road closures (before planning) your hunt.
--+-> In the maze of the foothills on either side of the Columbia-Kootenay Valley. This is great hunting country, quickly accessible via Trans Canada to Golden, and then south along Hwy 95. Vast areas on the west side are tapped by roads running up into the Purcells from Hwy 95 at Nicholson, Spillimacheen, Brisco, Radium, Invermere, Canal Flats, and Skookumchuck.
--+-> Edgewater, Canal Flats and Skookumchuck provide access into the steeper foothills of the Rockies, which give way to a maze of ridges and small valleys between the Bull River and the Elk River, prime elk territory reached from Bull River, Jaffray and Sparwood. Roads from Elko, Morrisey and Corbin run into the fabulous Flathead.
--+->To reach the south Kootenay, lots of hunters, hwy's 3 and 3A, provide access to big mule deer above Christina Lake, the deer, elk and water fowl around Creston, and the deer and moose around Yahk.
---+-> Lots of roads and some closed to motor vee hic L's
Jelly hey hey Deli hey hey Deli -- fill my belly -- info from old book from the attic.

Jelvis
09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
MU 4-1
Flathead
=-lll----------> (Reached from Hwy 3 via the McGillivray-Corbin roads, Coal Creek road from Fernie, and the Lodgepole Creek road from Morrisey, 13 km, west of Fernie).
Mule and whitetail deer, moose, elk and bighorn sheep.
Jelly I got a flat top at the Barber's for the Flathead.

Jelvis
09-21-2008, 03:02 PM
MU 4-2
Wigwam River

Access and game as above, but reached also from Elko, over Rocky Ridge road, some access from Hwy 93 south of Elko.

Jaylo

Jelvis
09-21-2008, 03:41 PM
MU 4-3
Cranbrook - Gold Creek

This network of new and old logging roads is best reached east from Moyie Lake to some good early season bugling (elk). Mule and whitetail deer, moose and elk.
Fair hunting, heavily hunted, try LEH anywhere it is available for a huge advantage.
Jelray -- Cran Brerry Brooksville -- MU 4-3 -- Bring your Hoochie Mamma -- Monster Bulls

Jelvis
09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
MU 4-4
Moyie - Yahk River
Network of logging roads between U.S. border and Hwy 3/95, reached from Yahk and Aldridge, Fair whitetail and mule deer, some moose.
Jelly -- Yakhkity Yahk -- MU 4-4 --

sawmill
09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Are you on drugs?

Jelvis
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
MU 4-5
Upper Moyie River

=-///----------------> Lying west of Moyie Lake, reached from Hwy 3 via logging roads; one just north of Moyie Lake and another 10 km north of that road. Mule and whitetail deer, some elk and moose. Also good access from Lumberton. This road also runs through into MU's 4-20 and MU 4-25.
The Mountains are high and the valley's are low and your confused on which way to go, that's why I'm here to give you a hand and lead you to the promised land.
C'mon and take a free ride!
Jelly (Fog) Hat

aggiehunter
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM
point...????

270WSMGB
09-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Just came from there. There was hundreds of people in one small area. I will never go back.

Jelvis
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
MU 4-6
Goat River - Kootenay Lake East
This large MU is situated on the east side of Kootenay Lake in the Purcell Mountains. Creston-Wynndel area has good bird shooting; waterfowl in the maze of back waters in the Wynndel Flats-Kootenay Landing area, and pheasant in the borders and covers of the farmland, mostly with access thru private land (owners permission required). Fair to good whitetail hunting in low hills; mule deer higher. Leadville road up Goat River leads into (good deer country) (in the high ridges); mostly mules. Some elk hunting ( check leh ). North of Sirdar, the hwy runs along high, rugged ridge. Most access here is walk-in from Hwy; steep climb but fair to good mule deer from mid season on. Check LEH for elk.
Jelly Goat River - Fill your quiver - your going to giver - one in the liver -- Saw Wishh -

Little Hawk
09-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Run Jelly Run! Never stop!

Ps-s-s-t... hey buddy, come-here a sec. Know where I can get some 'Elk-drug?'

09-22-2008, 06:37 AM
Jel, you need to get out more, you might have cabin fever....????

Jelvis
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
MU 4-7
Kootenay Lake West

Elk, mule and whitetail deer. Goat.
Lies between height of land in the Nelson Range, and the south end of Kootenay Lake.
West arm lies along the northern edge of MU 4-7. Main access is via Bayonne Creek road which leaves Hwy 3 just east of the summit of the Salmo-Creston section. Logging road network; main road runs down to Tye on the big lake. Boat access across Kootenay Lake is possible. Fair whitetail and black bear.
Also access from mu four eight, logging roads off Hwy 6.
Jel E Us. Thanks to Jake Brake and Rocco and Connie Catelis for updated info.

In4TheHunt
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Information Overload!

I might have to remember this thread for future referance

Jelvis
09-22-2008, 03:39 PM
MU 4-8 with your host n semi pro's folks - Nelson Nelway and the Waneta Border Catch 22's
Nelson South

Hwy 6, between Nelson and Salmo runs through fair deer country, with both mule and whitetail present, also black bear. The steep mountainsides on either side of the valley have road access at a number of places; Hall Creek road, 17 km south of Nelson, climbs west, as do two more roads between there and Ymir village, 30 km from Nelson. Four other logging roads drop down from Hwy 6 to cross the BN tracks and Salmo River then climb into the low mountains east of the valley. A road from Nelway which runs along the Pend Oreille River to come out on Hwy 22, at the Waneta border crossing into USA., just south of Trail.
Good (mule deer and whitetail hunting) (along this road), it is heavily road hunted.
A walk (one ridge back from the road will pay off), and their are large bull elk -- check LEH
---Salmo - Trail
---------->The southern part of MU 4-8 is reached from Hwy 3 east of Salmo. Logging roads run back from Erie and Ross Siding on the BN railway.
Mule deer and whitetail - Fair to Good hunting.
--- Nelson West
---------->Northern part of MU 4-8 can be reached from Blewett, just west of Nelson (on old Hwy 3) and a logging road running south from the Kootenay Canal access road near the Nelson poerhouse. Mules, whitetail and black bear, fair hunting
Jelly and the Waneta Wailors

bullmagnum
09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Jelv...what language are you speaking man?!!!! I love it in some strange way that I can't explain...but your effort might be better recieved if it was in engrish! :D

SavageShooter
09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Jelvis,
Good on you. Keep it coming.
You want hunter retention, give a new hunter a bunch of leads to start hunting in new areas and for new species.

THanks,

SS

Jelvis
09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Im breathing hard any ways savage shoot tare. lol.

Jelvis
09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
MU 4-9
Trail - Rossland

Highway 3B, between Rossland and Nancy Greene Lake cuts through mule and whitetail deer country, with a few access roads on either side. Highway 3 between Castlegar and Christina Lake intersects similar country, with (better access, from the Hwy itself), and from three access roads cutting north. Both mule and whitetail deer are found in this highland spruce bog and low ridge area. There are also elk, transplanted to this area in the late 70's.
Always be up to date with LEH and Hunting regulations.
----> Best mule deer hunting is from old Hwy 3, the Santa Rosa summit road, which runs west from Rossland.
Motor vehicle restrictions on Moris and Goodeve Creeks south edge of MU 4-9

Jelly -- Trail - Rossland --

Jelvis
09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
The Gold River whoa MU 4-3 is an LEH pair a dice, roll em and reep

boyd050
09-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Nope..jelvisiswrong.....no game here in the east kootenays...just hunters, jel quit telling all our secrets!!!!:mad: did some one spike your tea???

Jelvis
09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
MU 4-15
Arrow Lake East

Fair deer hunting, both mule and whitetail. Reached from Hwy 6 between Fauquier and Nakusp along the northern portion. Logging roads running from Robson West give some access to the south. Boat access to other parts. Fair elk population. Also access via logging network from Vallican and Slocan, in Mu 4-16.

Jel -- take your rifles and or bow to Arrow Lake East -- MU 4-15 -- 1, 2 buckle yer shoe
3, 4 out the door

Koot
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I have to say your posts make me howl ! Even if you have named some spots I hunt.Brings a smile before bed.
Koot

Jelvis
09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
MU 4-16
Slocan Valley

Lies west of Slocan River and Lake, Poor access along Slocan Lake, except by (boat and steep hikes). (Also reached from Crescent Valley.) Good deer hunting up Beatrice Lake trail; very tough pack. Logging roads access in Nakusp area. Large network of logging roads in south, reached from Slocan and Vallican. Grizzly and goat in mountains; see regs and leh for grizzly openings.
Jelly -- the Slowcan do it -- walk in light -- pack out heavy --- only dah strong need apply.!

r106
09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
jelvis you are posting like you have had 10 cups of coffee and a hunting hardon

Jelvis
09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
I got heartaches by the numbers, places in my minds, all the wild animules and so many kinds, wandering in the koots, on my rocky boots, I finally saw my gun shoot.
--- one huge bully wooley -- walkin along -- lookin real fine -- a six tiner -- friend a miner
Pulled on the Hoochie and there he was -- Woomp! Thar he waz -- WHOOMP!

Jelvis
09-23-2008, 07:44 PM
MU 4-17
Slocan Valley East

Reached from Hwy 6 via Wilson Creek road, 12 km south of Nakusp; Hwy 31A between New Denver and Kaslo (poor access), Silveton, Enterprise and Lemon Creek roads. Fair hunting for Whitetail and mule deer. Kokanee Clacier Park in eastern edge, reached via Lemon Creek road. Study regs and leh.
Jel --

mark4
09-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Jelvis your killing me here- Your definitely NOT the guy to show a spot to- or maybe you don't need to know because you already know them all. You must shoot tons of animals. If we told you any of the real spots - you would advertise across the northern hemishpere !!!! It's like your screaming " I can't keep a secret everybody !!! " Shame shame double shame.

Jelvis
09-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm a good talker but a bad listener
Don't make me hurt you lol
jel your pal

mark4
09-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Okay everybody - it's official- jelvis has been mixing vodka with his coffee and red bull- try washing down a couple of those ephedrine pills and you could cover the entire USA aswell LOL

Jelvis
09-23-2008, 09:09 PM
MU 4-19
Kootenay Lake East

The mountainous east shore of the north end of Kootenay Lake reached by boat or fairly extensive access exists from the Riondell road which leaves Hwy 3A just above the Kootenay Bay ferry landing. Short roads run uphill from this road which runs nearly to Johnson's Landing rd. The north end of MU 4-19 is reached via the Argenta-Johnsons Landing road, from Hwy 31 at the Duncan Dam access road. Fair deer and elk hunting.
Jelly -- Koot ten ay -- Lake -- Yeast

Jelvis
09-23-2008, 10:00 PM
MU 4-20
Kimberley - St Mary River

Mule, whitetail deer, elk and moose. Grizzly in mountains (see regs) Mountain goat check LEH. A widespread system of roads fans out from the St. Mary road from Kimberley, providing the greatest part for access in MU 4-20. This area is heavily hunted by hunters looking for big game. A road runs through to Hwy 3A near Gray Creek on Kootenay Lake. MU 4-20 is also reached via the Perry Creek road system which runs southwest from 95A south of Kimberley. Tata and Mark Creek roads provide access north of Kimberley, into big bull elk, seven pointers, huge sixes.

Vansmasher
09-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Jellness ---------- Wellness????
MU_____4-------- ELK???
who---hunt----where
me hungover...... puke ---- se ya. ME Was @ aLice COoper last NiGHt.
ROCK AND ROLLLLLLLL. Welcome to my nightmare!!!

What about sasquatch numbers in MU 69 ??

Brambles
09-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Blah Blah Blah Jelvis, your posts arn't worth reading anymore, sounds as though your off your meds. Go see a doctor and get whatever is up with you figured out.

riflebuilder
09-24-2008, 02:11 PM
there is no game here in the east koot's. So just let us locals strugle through the tough hunting here. Last saturday I saw 4 rams, maybe one legal, 40 elk 5 point bull, 3 whitey bucks 6 does, 2 mulie does, 2 billy goats, 1 moose and that was only in the morning so you can see there is nothing worth coming here for.

Jelvis
09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jelvis
09-24-2008, 06:31 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

steepNdeep
09-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Once upon a time... Jelvis's information might have been relevant. Apparently, that was a looong time ago... :rolleyes:

mark4
09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
It's just getting weirder and weirder.

Jelvis
09-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Up yours too shallow and short hahaha lol
Jello Bello

Jelvis
09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
llllllllllllllllllllllllll

ARGR
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
what no mention of the reedonculous turkey pop in 4-6?????? dood you so far out to lunch on this shight its unfrigginreal.

WildKat
09-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Completely and happily enjoying this thread! You've passed right by my place J! :lol: How is it you know so much?
Much Amused,
Katya

Jelvis
09-25-2008, 01:16 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jelvis
09-25-2008, 09:55 PM
--------------------

Jelvis
09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
----------------------

Jelvis
09-26-2008, 06:12 PM
-------------------------

Jelvis
09-27-2008, 01:14 PM

Mark_S
09-27-2008, 03:43 PM
jelvis,

Alot of the area's you are spouting off as "good spots for deer and elk" are gated private property roads that have never had access for hunters, or grown over so thick you wouldn't be able to find them.

Jelvis
10-11-2008, 02:40 PM
------------------

ElkMasterC
10-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Awwww, mannn.... I have a big grin on my face.

Interesting thread, Jel-Cut-and-pasty-like-a-hummingbird-on-crack.

Good on ya!

And, yeah, there's quite a few spots I hunt in there too.
The lousy ones...like near CrannyBrook.
Nothing there....save your gas. Or diesel. Hunt Clearwater.

Jelvis
10-11-2008, 07:20 PM
-------------------------

10-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Do ya wanna go back in region 4 with the Jelly man?
Do you wanna go back to the eighties with the Jelly man?
Ya wanna go back in reg 4 to the seventies--3 rehabs ago.
lol.
Christina Lake used to be MU 4-10 so to Grand Forks
It all changed when some Mu's in Region 4 were put in reg 8 lol you're too young to remember that. lol.
Now it's MU 8-15 lol.
Do you know the others that were changed ole timer? lol.
Jelney

Jeepers Jel, you must be just a puppy. I remember when there was no Regions or MUs. The whole Province was divided into 21 Game Management Areas (GMAs) and the Kootenays were GMAs 10, 11 and 12.

In GMA 11 bull caribou, elk, and moose seasons were from Aug 28th to Nov 28th. Cow elk season was from Sept 11th to Nov 21st, cow moose season was Oct 9th to Nov 28th. Deer bucks Aug 28th to Dec 19th, does Nov 13th to Nov 28th. Sheep were on a 3/4 curl horn regulation and that was the only antler or horn restriction of any kind on any species in the Kootenay's. There were about 100,000 hunters in BC and a total population of about 1.2 million, and most of the roads you write about did not even exist yet.

See these two scans for a nostalgic trip back to the 1960s....!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10761&cat=500&ppuser=3468

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10751&cat=500&ppuser=3468

Jelvis
10-12-2008, 08:28 AM
----------------------

Jelvis
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
-----------------------

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 03:28 PM
I have started to notice that many threads are mostly exact or almost identical reproductions of articles from the 1984 BC Outdoors Hunting Guide, (which came as a supplement to the magazine that year.)

While it is very helpful for a guide to each management unit to be available on this site, I think it is good to note that the information being presented is not necessarily from an individuals personal experience as it was written by others originally, and that it is 29 years old.

I think it would be better to let members know that and acknowledge the original source of the information.

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
-----------------------

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Hahha wholly cow man what's you on Willis? Lol .. Is this the way to desert moon?

ha,ha it's copyright police.
Be verrrry afraid!

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 07:05 PM
------------------

aggiehunter
09-10-2013, 09:43 PM
...someone's looking for their backroads mapbook back...

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM
MU 4-20
Kimberley - St Mary River

Mule, whitetail deer, elk and moose. Grizzly in the mountains. ( see LEH ) and g.eneral o.pen s.eason regs. Mountain goat. A wide-spread system of roads fans out from the St Mary road from Kimberley, providing the greatest part of access for MU 4-20. This area is heavily hunted. A road runs through to Hwy 3A near Gray Creek on Kootenay Lake. MU 4-20 is also reached via the Perry Creek road system which runs southwest from 95A south of Kimberley. Tata and Mark Creek roads provide access north of Kimberley.
Jeldo -- Tata Creek has some nice bull elk with good antler size. -- MU 4-20 -- St Mary River

HunterRoss
09-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Hey i'm heading out to nelson erea any one know a lill bit about out there?? Where its good what mosely around? Moose and elk?? I got few question!! Thanks

BigBuck5
10-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Any place a guy could find some whitetails? Having a tough time finding them. Im trying to help my friend get his first deer , we arent local.

beeugle
10-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I would guess jelly is not someone to tell your secret honey holes to.... bet he's never been to any of the spots mentioned....

Jelvis
10-15-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm rebuilding these deleted Regional hunting guide threads. Start at the front and working thru to here

Example
MU 4-18
Nelson - North Shore

Some access via Sproule and Grohman Creek roads, from Taghum in Hwy 3a west of Nelson. From Six Mile, east of Nelson bridge on 3A, Duhamel road runs back into logging system. fair to poor mule deer. Hwy 3a runs along West Arm; powerline is located a short distance above it, providing fair still hunting for whitetail and occasional mule deer.
Some big bucks in the North Shore area. Elk -- open season? Check regs and LEH.

Balfour - Kaslo
From Hwy 31 between Bafour and Kaslo, fair deer hunting from Coffee Creek and Woodbury Creek roads.Mostly mule deer, some whitetail along lower benches but access problems across private land.
North of Kaslo Hwy 31 runs high above Kootenay Lake, generally poor hunting.
Jel -- Building it from scratch -- start from the beginning page and see the progress.

Jelvis
10-15-2015, 08:22 PM
MU 4-26
Canal Flats - Invermere

=-//----------------------> From Canal Flats, the Findlay Creek road runs back through fair to good hunting for mule deer, whitetail and elk. Whitetail can be found in the brushy country (south) of this road (most of the season), but have lots of cover. Some hunting from old Skookumchuck road which runs back south along the west side of the Kootenay River and CPR track. Road forks a few km up stream. The fork straight ahead continues up Findlay, a left branch runs up Doctor Creek and the right fork runs back passed Blue and Whitetail Lakes, to Dutch Creek. Fair deer and elk hunting in this whole area, late season best.

=-///------> Westside Road <------///-=
Just north of Dutch Creek, the Westside road runs north from Hwy 95, along the west side of Windermere Lake, to Invermere at the north end of the lake. The open-timbered hills above the road are fair elk and deer hunting (late in the season). Small logging roads run back at several points, and foot access is possible at others. The Brewer Creek road leaves the Westside road near it's south end, running well back into the mountains. Heavily hunted.

=-///-----> Toby Creek Road <-----///-=
Reached from Athalmer or Wilmer, this road system runs southwest of Windermere through MU 4-26, into the snow capped Purcell Mountains. Fair to good elk, mule deer and some whitetail hunting. Grizzly and goat in the higher parts, check gos and leh b4 planning a hunt.

=-///-----> Horsethief Creek <------///-=
Can be reached from the Frances Creek road north of Wilmer. This road system runs well back along the north edge of MU 4-26. Fair elk and deer hunting, mostly mules.
Jelapeeno up by Canal Flats people.
Anyone need a MU in 4?

rides bike to work
10-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Those are some good spots in the canal flats I've actually been to a couple of them and they're was animals there

Bugle M In
10-15-2015, 09:02 PM
May want to rewrite some of those MU's as the data is out of date...some of those heyday honey holes, ain't so good.
may want to change some from " holds plenty of elk" to "Wolves abound everywhere, while Elk try to learn to climb trees to avoid them" !!!

Jelvis
10-15-2015, 09:33 PM
MU 4-34
Revelstoke - Golden
Highway 1 runs mostly through Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks until it drops down the east side of Rogers Pass to run along the Beaver River. Except for a short strip around Albert Canyon, no hunting is permitted west of the Beaver, check up to date LEH. Shortly after passing the eastern park gates beside the Beaver, Hwy 1 climbs up through the Prairie Hills, across this ridged plateau and down to the Columbia River at Donald. There are a few moose, elk and mule deer in the Prairie Hills, and lots of black bear. A number of logging roads give access to the high ground south of the highway. Hunting is fair to poor. Just b4 crossing the Donald bridge over the Columbia, a logging road runs south from Hwy 1. A short distance in, a left turn leads down to the river flats, giving access to elk and whitetail hunting during the last of the season. Limited access; watch for private property and try for LEH if available here and ask permission to launch boat or canoe. The logging main leads into (good) hunting country among the foothills of the Sawtooth Range. Elk, moose, whitetail and mules are found here, especially late in the season. The southern part of this area is also reached from Nicholson, 8 km south of Golden on Hwy 95.

Spilimacheen - Bugaboo
From Spilimacheen, 60 km south of Golden on Hwy 95, the road to Bugaboo Glacier Provincial Park drops down and across the CP tracks, across the Columbia River and up into the foothills of the Purcells. A left turn 5 km along runs south through these foothills, connecting with Hwy 95 at Brisco and running through to Wilmer, just north of Invermere. From the main Bugaboo road a few small access roads and hike ins reach into (good game country). The same applies to the rather rough and rutted (Brisco back road).
=-lll------> This is a very pleasant country to roam, with fair elk, moose and both species of deer available. (Good grouse and waterfowl shooting is available from the Brisco back road as well)
Jelvaneze -- take a look see pah Leeeeze. MU 4-34 -- get out that door -- for more hunting

Jelvis
10-18-2015, 01:13 PM
MU 4-37
McNaughton Lake West

Mostly inaccessible, except by boat from Beavermouth, Bush Reach and the Forest Service campsite reached from Blackwater road from Donald. Moose, few deer, lots of bear.

Jeldo -- Bush Reach - and the Blackwater -- moosey and beary ---

Jelvis
10-18-2015, 01:24 PM
MU 4-38 & MU 4-39
Revelstoke North

Highway 23 north from Revelstoke runs first in MU 4-39 west of the Columbia, then switches over to the east side in MU 4-38 a few kilometres north from Revelstoke Canyon Dam. Most road access is on the east side, with a few mule deer, lots of bears and fair moose hunting. The west side of the river can be reached by crossing the impoundment by boat.

Jelly -- fair moose pilgrim lots a black barz. Few mules -- Revelstoke North --

Jelvis
10-18-2015, 01:32 PM
MU 4-40
Mica Creek North

Access only by boat, from the boat launch above Mica Creek, or from the logging road down Canoe Reach from Valemount. (Good moose hunting) (on the ridges and plateaus above) Canoe and Wood reaches.

Jelly Reach out and touch a moose -- Shoot em up blow em down -- MU 4-40 Mica Creek North

scotty77
10-18-2015, 08:20 PM
What is wrong with you...really???

HarryToolips
10-18-2015, 08:38 PM
^^^its all good info, so what's wrong with you?

REMINGTON JIM
10-18-2015, 08:41 PM
What is wrong with you...really???

Frigging CRAZY but so is Toolips hes NDP ! :-( lol RJ

Weatherby Fan
10-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Tell me about 4-22 jelly

REMINGTON JIM
10-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Tell me about 4-22 jelly

Theres NO Elk there ! :smile: lol RJ

Jelvis
10-19-2015, 07:56 AM
MU 4-22
Bull River -- Pickering Hills

The Bull River road runs north to East White main, east of Whiteswan Lake in MU 4-24. Another branch eastward runs across to the Sulphur Creek road which joins Hwy 3 just east of Fernie. Watch for Motor Vehicle Hunting Access Closure on Iron Creek road and on Quinn Creek road. This is good elk hunting country, with some deer and moose. Heavily hunted.
Also access from Hwy 3 behind Jaffray, Galloway and Elko.
Jel -- you'll love the Quinn and that's no bull --

Jelvis
10-19-2015, 10:51 AM
MU 4-23
Elkford

The Elk River road north from Sparwood on Hwy 3 runs more or less centrally through 4-23. Elk, moose, mules, whitetail deer through out the entire MU 4-23. Sheep in the high areas. Grizzly in the same area. (see regs). Roads penetrate most of this MU with mains along the Elk and Fording Rivers. This MU is very heavily hunted.
Jel ah Peeno -- Elkford -- MU 4-23 -- hot tah trot -- Elk ford the river here -- Elkford -- Dah

Weatherby Fan
10-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Theres NO Elk there ! :smile: lol RJ

Yeh was there for 10 days and never seen an Elk......seen a few hunters ! A few hundred !

mtnmanmike
10-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Definitely a different year for elk that's for sure. Hit a few spots i know for elk in 4-22 and they definitely weren't hanging were they normally do. The only thing I could think different this year then other years was the hot dry spring and summer. The places i went into looked to be "burnt" off for vegetation, not much for feed. Most of my action this year was down low almost on the flat land. However, I did find a few elk up high which were primarily on the north facing slopes. The only thing that seems sensible to me is that, the north slopes didn't get "burnt" off with the dry spring and summer.

Jelvis
10-19-2015, 06:27 PM
MU 4-24
Whiteswan - White River

Access to this area of open ridges, steep mountainsides and clear streams from Hwy 95 through MU 4-21 a few kilometres south of Canal Flats, or from roads up either side of the Kootenay River from Canal Flats. Moose, elk, mule and whitetail deer and mountain sheep.
=-//----> (Grizzly abundant), see regs and LEH. From Whiteswan Lake, roads climb back into the hills along the North White, Upper White (Middle Fork) and East White rivers.
Jelly -- I'm dreaming of a White Leh for Christmas in m u four twenty four --

HarryToolips
10-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Frigging CRAZY but so is Toolips hes NDP ! :-( lol RJ
LOL no I'm anti Kim Jong ul....er I mean Harper...

walks with deer
08-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Hmm good thread jelly