PDA

View Full Version : Too Hot opening weekend

grizzly_taker
09-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, I actually managed to hit my week off from the sand box, lined up with opening day of the rifle season. We ventured down the holy cross fsr (Fraser Lake) set up camp above the Cheslatta Falls. I hunted hard for four days and covered lots of ground with hte new Polaris Ranger. I'm sold on this machine, the huge deactivations they put in the Holy Cross area and this machine went through everything it came up against. After 4 days of hard hunting all I saw 2 three by three bull moose, 3 big mature bulls, one was 50 plus. 5 doe's and one big black bear. Didn't find the very small elk herd that is somewhere in the vacinity.

srupp
09-20-2008, 01:57 PM
hmmm know that mountain from looking at it going Up and down the TORPEY river moose and bear hunting..

nice bed...

steven

The Dawg
09-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Like my buddy moosinaround says, "its a good day if you got mud on your boots, and mud on your truck " ....

Avalanche123
09-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, I actually managed to hit my week off from the sand box, lined up with opening day of the rifle season. We ventured down the holy cross fsr (Fraser Lake) set up camp above the Cheslatta Falls. I hunted hard for four days and covered lots of ground with hte new Polaris Ranger. I'm sold on this machine, the huge deactivations they put in the Holy Cross area and this machine went through everything it came up against. After 4 days of hard hunting all I saw 2 three by three bull moose, 3 big mature bulls, one was 50 plus. 5 doe's and one big black bear. Didn't find the very small elk herd that is somewhere in the vacinity.

Wow that isn't that bad is it? Sounds like you have a winner with your ATV there too.

moosinaround
09-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Like my buddy moosinaround says, "its a good day if you got mud on your boots, and mud on your truck " ....
Dam IT Dawg!! You mis quoted me!!! Its a good day if you get blood on your hands, OR mud on your truck!!! Moosin

The Dawg
09-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Dam IT Dawg!! You mis quoted me!!! Its a good day if you get blood on your hands, OR mud on your truck!!! Moosin

Whatever...lol....hunting on the brain!

moosinaround
09-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Grizz taker I was lookin at your photos, nice ride! That is that new sporty ranger? Country looks different than when I worked in it 8 years ago! Did yah check the moose hunting around Anzus and Borel Lake? Off the Holycross Binta? Good late season hunting, wintering and recovery grounds for the moose. Seen tons around there for a couple of winters when I was timber cruising around there. You are a real trooper just sleepin on the air matress though!! Moosin

grizzly_taker
09-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Grizz taker I was lookin at your photos, nice ride! That is that new sporty ranger? Country looks different than when I worked in it 8 years ago! Did yah check the moose hunting around Anzus and Borel Lake? Off the Holycross Binta? Good late season hunting, wintering and recovery grounds for the moose. Seen tons around there for a couple of winters when I was timber cruising around there. You are a real trooper just sleepin on the air matress though!! Moosin
Moosin....anzus and Borel are in 6-04 i was looking for an inmature in 7-12, yes the new sporty ranger worked amazing. That pic of my dad sleeping on the air mattress, was about 28 degrees above that afternoon!!!

Little Hawk
09-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Good idea that air-mattress; you could float the river on it or add a small electric trolling motor an' do some fishin'...

4pntsorbetter
09-27-2008, 03:48 PM
everybody and thier uncle has got HuntingBC Champion under thier name is this a joke?