PDA

View Full Version : Can hunt ducks/goose,No firearms licence?

gary mok
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi my friend who has hunting licence but no firearms licence,can he use my shot gun to hunt duck or goose ?is it legal or not,any help would be appreciated,thanks a lot !!!

todbartell
09-19-2008, 09:40 PM
if he's with someone who has a POL/PAL yes

gary mok
09-19-2008, 10:15 PM
if he's with someone who has a POL/PAL yes
I have my own firearms and hunting licence so it meant that I can bring 2 shot gun,one for him and one for me(2 of them under my register)and fill up our own bag limit or have to combine altogether that's on me only ? thanks!!!

Gateholio
09-19-2008, 10:18 PM
He can't hutn without a HL and his own bag limit, but if he is under your supervision, he doesn't need a PAL

threedhunter
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
is he over 18?if so needs a pal to be in possesion of afirearm unless you are holding his hand. (arms reach).as you have 2 shotguns with you , you my have to case 1 before you hunt. read the regs.

todbartell
09-19-2008, 10:35 PM
he has a valid hunting license, he gets his own bag limit. you're lending him a shotgun under your supervision and you have a valid PAL, all is good - go whack a bunch of ducks

gary mok
09-19-2008, 10:46 PM
he is over 25 and has his own hunting licence for bow hunt but just no firearms licence,for some reason he doesn't want to take it,but this year he would like to go for duck hunt and ask me take him to go since he has no firearms licence,I don't know if I can bring 2 shot gun and fill up our own bag limit( he has his own hunting licence) or it count on my bag limit only????

gary mok
09-19-2008, 10:49 PM
he has a valid hunting license, he gets his own bag limit. you're lending him a shotgun under your supervision and you have a valid PAL, all is good - go whack a bunch of ducks
I got it,thanks a lot!!!

todbartell
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
if he's right beside you, he can use a firearm for hunting (or target shooting/skeet/collection viewing) and not break any federal law. If he was to borrow your shotgun and go out on his own, he would need his own PAL/POL, but since he is under immediate supervision from you who has this license, he will be fine.

thats my take on it.

gary mok
09-19-2008, 11:13 PM
So I can bring 2 shotgun (he just stay beside me and shoot together ) and the ducks bag limit is 16 for 2 of us,right ???

todbartell
09-19-2008, 11:23 PM
I would say yes

Marc
09-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Gary as far as I understand it as long as both of you have your hunting licenses then you are good to go. You own both guns and have your PAL/POL so you're good to go.

gary mok
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Thank you for all of your helpful info then I can go with my friend and feel at ease now this season,thanks again,Good luck to all of you !!!

todbartell
09-20-2008, 12:00 AM
this scenario is not any different than a father hunting with his son who is age 16 and has his CORE/Hunter # and holds a valid hunting license but is not old enough to possess a PAL

gary mok
09-20-2008, 02:54 PM
this scenario is not any different than a father hunting with his son who is age 16 and has his CORE/Hunter # and holds a valid hunting license but is not old enough to possess a PAL
THAT'S A GOOD EXPLAINATION....THANKS !!!

bullmagnum
09-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I went through this whole situation a few years ago with my dad when he finally got his island elk draw (after 22 years of putting in). I had one of my dads rifles with me, that i was carrying, he had his, and we took down a nice 5x4!

Your friend is definately good to go as long as he is within arms reach of you, and you have a valid POL/PAL. Hunting licenses and bag limits have nothing to do with being able to legally carry a firearm. If he has been issued a hunters card number and has a valid BC hunting license, then each of you can harvest your full bag limits! Have fun and GL!

gary mok
09-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I went through this whole situation a few years ago with my dad when he finally got his island elk draw (after 22 years of putting in). I had one of my dads rifles with me, that i was carrying, he had his, and we took down a nice 5x4!

Your friend is definately good to go as long as he is within arms reach of you, and you have a valid POL/PAL. Hunting licenses and bag limits have nothing to do with being able to legally carry a firearm. If he has been issued a hunters card number and has a valid BC hunting license, then each of you can harvest your full bag limits! Have fun and GL!
Thank you so much,how about for big game hunt ?is it the same situation as it?I don't have to get a firearms licence,just hunting licence is ok then I can take my friend rifle to shoot within his sight ?

todbartell
09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I have my own firearms and hunting licence

I don't have to get a firearms licence,just hunting licence is ok then I can take my friend rifle to shoot within his sight ?

do you have a PAL or dont you? :???:

gary mok
09-20-2008, 09:46 PM
do you have a PAL or dont you? :???:
Yes I have my own PAL and POL.