PDA

View Full Version : Please People

boyd050
09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm not one to rant but I've got to. for a number of years, there is a group of penticton bow hunters that come down to cranbrook, no problem with that. I have to say they are a disgrace to us hunters with what they left behind... again. look people, we are responsible for keeping hunting ethical and respectful, the mess consisted of garbage, an awning off a trailer that must have gotten ripped off and generally a mess they also were driving on the fields cause they didn't like the dust, the farmers had a chat with them about it to no avail, again giving us all a bad name. I plan to go out tonight and clean up their mess, and haul it away. cuts into my hunting time but I can't in all conscience leave it there. I spend alot of time picking up other peoples garbage. next year here is a promise... I am going to go their camp, record the licence numbers of every vehicle there and take pictures if there is a mess again, and see they are charged. what does it take??? I'm ashamed. the CO's are being notified and next year, they will get a reminder call to check these "hunters" out. count on it. anyways to all of you who clean up, thank you to those who don't ... why don't you stay home.keep your garbage to yourselves. I think this should also go into the bowhunting thread, mods can you copy this to there? so it will be in both forums?

Shooter
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
As much as it sucks cleaning up after bush slobs, I commend you for taking the action needed to keep our bush a little cleaner for everyone.

MichelD
09-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I couldn't believe the pile of crap a bunch of guys left behind at a site in region 7-11 one time I was there.

They'd gone to the trouble of building an awesome hanging pole on stout logs they'd cut, but when they left they heaped all their left over food on the firepit and left. It was a pile a metre high! Poatoes, egg cartons with broken eggs, cooked food, fruit and topped off with six packages of last year's formerly frozen mooseburger.

Did they think they were the only people going to use that site for the rest of the year? It was mid October. Not only was it unsightly and a bitch to clean, it was a perfect bear attractant too.

Not pleasant.

In4TheHunt
09-17-2008, 12:21 PM
If that is what it takes, so be it. What you recomend is a fine solution.
cheers

Gateholio
09-17-2008, 01:05 PM
If you are cleaning up, especially on private land, make sure you let the owners know you are a hunter and the other guys are a disgrace...get some good P.R. for a change!

And good for you to do this!!:-D

As to copying to the bowhunting forum, sorry, we don't do that. No need to have 2 threads discussing the same stuff. I'm sure you will get lots of attention here, though.

Wolfman
09-17-2008, 01:24 PM
If you are cleaning up, especially on private land, make sure you let the owners know you are a hunter and the other guys are a disgrace...get some good P.R. for a change!

As to copying to the bowhunting forum, sorry, we don't do that. No need to have 2 threads discussing the same stuff. I'm sure you will get lots of attention here, though.

Excellent point

abbyfireguy
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
We always carry an extra case of heavy black garbage bags as inevitably most years we end up cleaning up after someone..
Last year my son collected 3 dozen empties from the roads and trails while out hunting and travelling to a few fishing spots between morning and afternoon hunts. ( He bought coffee at Tim's in Quesnel on the way home with the money;))
Hard to understand what goes through a person's mind when they leave all that crap behind with no attempt to clean up..:x

boyd050
09-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Nope , public land adjacent to our "shit fields" just in the trees off the powerline.

happygilmore
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
contact the princeton archery club (if have one) and tell them the story and ask them to post your story at their range... at the very least it might serve as a warning. I'm sure if you asked around someone there would know who these tards are.
Good job on taking up the cause.

09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Just hard to believe the user's of the resource are some times the worst thing for it.
I admire your diligence and would love to hear that these guys and any like them get the book thrown at them.
Thanks for doing the right thing and cleaning the mess up !! Thats class.
C/T

Mr. Dean
09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Here I feel bad in not finding one of my blasted hulls.......

threedhunter
09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
as a resident of penticton and a bowhunter, please let me ask you to contact me via pm for as many details as possible. i can post a notice here so peaple are aware of what took place.thanks, threedhunter.:mad:
i feel that the peaple that made the mess should be made to clean it up. at least pay the cleanupcosts, although that only gives them the thoughts that they can do it all the time and someone else will clean it up.

finish
09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I have been out with Boyd ALOT this year, and yes we are constantly Cleaning up stuff in the bush....there's nothing that makes me madder. I go out to enjoy nature ,take a walk down a game trail and trip over an EFFIN pile o garbage!! This really gives US hunters a bad name!!!! Great job Boyd!! Maybe telephone pole signs are in order for that area, a reminder to clean UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

mainland hunter
09-17-2008, 03:50 PM
It's an act of selfishness and laziness and is unfortunate that it happens so much. It's not hard to clean up and it's not hard to not throw garbage out in the bush.

Bow Walker
09-17-2008, 06:20 PM

Don't worry boyd050 - bowhunters and al hunters with any sort of a conscience are reading this.

Kudos to you for doing the cleanup after those SLOBS.

contact the princeton archery club (if have one) and tell them the story and ask them to post your story at their range... at the very least it might serve as a warning. I'm sure if you asked around someone there would know who these tards are.
Good job on taking up the cause.
Excellent idea. Although, being a "club member" carries a certain responsibility with it that these perpetrators do not demonstrate.

sawmill
09-17-2008, 07:02 PM
P.M. me and let me know when you need a hand cleaning up.I pick up a ton of shit on the ST.Marys river road and up Perry Creek wayMostly Timmy Horton and Macdonalds and ****ing Budwieser cans,
I`m in Marysville,just down the road and I hate that shit too.

kloosterboer
09-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I hear ya i was out with a buddy on the island on sunday and everywhere you went there was tons garbage we could have filled his cherokee dozens of times. Its disgusting!

boyd050
09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
went out and I picked up 2 busted plastic camping tables, 2 of the awning side poles, complete and the awning pole, about 18 ft in length, from an older trailer with a yellow awning, looks like a seventies style, a bunch of binder twine...... left the toilet paper wads though... didn't want to pick them up:wink: I'm gonna make it my mission this year to pick up more.. and your right it seems the beer of choice here is budweiser but it doesn't seem to make the people who chuck them wiser!!!!

Avalanche123
09-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Good job on taking that on. Too bad some people are just plain pigs when it comes down to it.

horshur
09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” Aldo Leopold

Steeleco
09-17-2008, 09:20 PM
My kids have started picking up empties if we're boucing around the local hills.
If I had a hiab and flat deck I could make a living off the scrap out there.

Pack it in and out should mean something to all afield.

gone hunting
09-17-2008, 09:28 PM
I remember camping with my wife and kids, when the oldest was about 10. We were joined by some friends and their kids. I heard one of my kids say to one of their's, " If my dad sees you littering, he'll skin you with a dull rock."
Some people just don't get it. It sounds like you do. Keep up the good fight.

hotload
09-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Boyd I didn't mention it to anybody but on my way back down the road to our camp one evening on the ATV I waved at a couple of farmers as i passed them and they looked at me like I was dirt. Now, I know why. It was cause of that Penticton bunch that was driving all over their fields and wrecking it. Ahhhh, all comes together now. Again all hunters get stirred with the same stick, can't say as I blame them though.

Little Hawk
09-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Good on you Boyd!

Keep up the effort as all of us should as well.

There will always be disrespectful ass-holes out there who could care less.
There's a few I've hunted with before - once!

I have a pact with Mother Nature: I try to leave it somehow a little better when I leave.

That usually involves taking something out that I did not leave there. Often it means leaving the site we camped at cleaner than when we came in.

People who throw stuff away without a second thought make me ill and I make sure they hear about it.

Koot
09-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Must be the same dorks that toss back a case and then fill all the signs with bullet holes.Last year on my sons first ever hunting trip we arive in camp after dark.we are trying to find a spot for the teepee when he kicks something on the ground that wasn't rock or wood.I get the light on it and it was the leftovers of a half dozen heads,hides,legs.WTF these guys can't even drag that stuff 50 ft into the bush.Lazy sob's.Nice intro for my 11 yr old to the hunting world.He was pretty pissed that someone would leave all there shit for us to clean up.
Koot

09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm not one to rant but I've got to. for a number of years, there is a group of penticton bow hunters that come down to cranbrook, no problem with that. I have to say they are a disgrace to us hunters with what they left behind... again. look people, we are responsible for keeping hunting ethical and respectful, the mess consisted of garbage, an awning off a trailer that must have gotten ripped off and generally a mess they also were driving on the fields cause they didn't like the dust, the farmers had a chat with them about it to no avail, again giving us all a bad name. I plan to go out tonight and clean up their mess, and haul it away. cuts into my hunting time but I can't in all conscience leave it there. I spend alot of time picking up other peoples garbage. next year here is a promise... I am going to go their camp, record the licence numbers of every vehicle there and take pictures if there is a mess again, and see they are charged. what does it take??? I'm ashamed. the CO's are being notified and next year, they will get a reminder call to check these "hunters" out. count on it. anyways to all of you who clean up, thank you to those who don't ... why don't you stay home.keep your garbage to yourselves. I think this should also go into the bowhunting thread, mods can you copy this to there? so it will be in both forums?

Good job Boyd, guess those fields would be posted by the landowner next year if they weren't the city fields.

One Shot
09-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Kudos to you Boyd. Thank you.

We need to have a wall of shame on this site where we can post pictures of unethical/non respectful/poachers:twisted: so called hunters.

Monashee
09-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Worst thing I saw were grouse entrails chucked into a favourite drinking water stream above where a 70 year old pipe was placed to collect drinking water by lots of people.

I took the bird guts out

cinnabear
09-19-2008, 11:07 PM
I was just up hiking,hunting in the coquihalla mtn area and at every scenic view and at the bottom of the bowls there were beer cans everywhere from the snowmobilers, being a sledder myself it was sad to see the litter left over from them. saw 12 bears though.