PDA

View Full Version : LEH White Tail in 4-07

HunterRAMA
09-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi all

I have a LEH draw for White Tail in 4-07. I have hunted in 4-06 along the Goat River with success in years past. I am planning on going up there in mid-November. I know this is late and there will likely be some snow on the ground, but this is the only time I can get away.

This is my first draw in 4-07. I am looking for location suggestions from people who know that area. I will be headed up with my 22 year old daughter (who also got a draw and is on her first hunt) and my 78 year old father (who can't do a lot of bush crashing). We would prefer to stay in a motel in a town close to the suggested area and go out hunting during the day. Nelson or Balfour? Stay in Creston and drive back to the Blazed Creek Road?

What do you think and what can you suggest?

Thanks

Brambles
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Balfour is 4-18 so that doesn't help

Some of Nelson is 4-07 some is 4-08, not much of 4-07 around nelson is huntible. Maybe Svoboda Rd.

Proctor/Harrop is 4-07 but that is mostly private land. You could try and find a landowner willing to let you hunt but not sure how well that would work. Lots of deer there though. I think you might be able to do some hunting on Laska cr road and catch them coming down to water but ?????

Topaz creek below the roadclosure should be decent.

Good luck