PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out

rbduck
09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
I stayed over at my buddy Dan`s place Friday night to save some time in the morning. Would`nt you know it, we slept in for a hunt for the first time in twenty years. Man, did we feel dumb as we had another buddy waiting on us in the marsh.
After a mad dash out the door(we picked up coffee) we made it to the marsh minus our boat( still have`nt christenend it) as we had no time to take it.
Well the weather was sunny, windless, and shirt weather.....the water was like a mirror. The mosquitoes were horrendous. After a hour or so, the wind picked up and it got cloudy.
We were seeing the occational Mallard and lots of Sandhills flying so high they must have had oxygen masks on. We saw Bluebills and lots of Canadas. Then the Teal came in. Those little "rockets" came in singles and groups. After going through half a box of shells trying to hit these things that fly 50mph I finally connected with a few and so did Bruce, my other buddy. We even managed to call in a few Canadas and connect.
All in all, it turned out to be a rather good day for waterfowling although we had leave by noon as we had previous engagements. We did`nt get a lot but it was good times with some friends.
.On a sad note, Dan forgot his wallet with his licence in it so he couldn`t shoot so he became our photographer for the day. Worked great as he is a professional.

This is Bruce`s retriever Maggie who did some great work today. We managed to bag 4 GW, 2 BW and 3 Canadas

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Picture_01211.jpg

Ron:biggrin:

Tanya
09-17-2008, 05:20 AM
Well done! Good variety too.