PDA

View Full Version : Another ride in Muskeg Country

Rock Doctor
09-15-2008, 03:16 PM
This was part of the trip in to our Cabin a couple weeks ago. The trail is getting dryer, and a little easier for the quads. The fall colors are awesome.
No breakdowns on this trip, other than that I broke my throttle cable (I had a spare with mehttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif).
Fishing was really good on this trip, but I will post that as a different vid later.
I had to haul a bunch more material in for my new cabin. One load that I had included: 20 concrete bricks, 1 hundred pounder of propane, 1 twenty pounder of propane, 2 five gal cans of gas, and 6 bales of insulation. It's not so much the weight of the load, as how aquard it was.
I got lucky, AGAIN, when I went out to pick up the heavy load a chopper landed by my truck. It was a friend, stopping for fuel, and he offered to fly a load in for me. I had him lift 20 sheets of plywood and 20 2x4 studs in for me, saved me a round trip.

Anyway, I hope you like it. My wife on the quad again, and myself/kids in the Conquest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyjhNTtbHKA

RD

Laurence_Erickson
09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
nice video rock,do you a helmet cam for tapping ??

Huey
09-15-2008, 05:10 PM
now that's a dream cabin!!

lip_ripper00
09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
As always great videio, That one shot of the youngster in the car seat says it all. How soon will it freeze up, up your way?

kennyj
09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Wow what a great cabin.That trail is dryer?
kenny

Deadshot
09-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Great stuff! Love those Argo vids.
Is that kid KO'd at the seven minute mark? Hilarious!
Gotta be great fishing with a trail like that. Dryer?
Buddy just bought a new Avenger for the trip up north.Hopefully get some video.

Freshtracks
09-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Another great watch RD ... now that's a whole lotta 'all in the family' fun times. ;)

ElectricDyck
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Cool vid. Sweet cabin. I wish mrs electricdyck was as cool as your wife!:biggrin:

M.Dean
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
That sure makes my quad rides look real tame! Great Video, incredible family!

blueboy
09-15-2008, 07:55 PM
i loved watching that video, your a lucky guy you and your family

moosinaround
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks again Doc! Wicked country, love those vids!! Moosin

gameslayer
09-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Good times, Thanks for sharing as usual. I noiticed you did not have the tracks on this time was that by choice or are they in need of repair ??

Rock Doctor
09-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Woh, this kinda got away from me. I'll try to catch up:

I do use a Head Cam, it's a Samsung SC-x300L. It failed on this trip, my second one, but maybe I'm a little hard on them:roll:, I use them alot. Just ordered another new one yesterday.

Freeze Up????
It won't get too bad for another month or so.

LOL, Yes the trail is dryer, here is a clip from an earlier trip. Check it out if you want. It's another long one, but at least therre are a bunch of nice fish in it8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_CQ_f6Yh4

All the kids usually sleep while on the way in or out at some point. On a good day the trip takes about 2 hrs, sometimes the kids will sleep for half the trip.

Tracks............
Tracks are made for snow, IMHO. They do work great at times, on trails like this, but they are hard on riggin. (Bearings, Axles, Chains, Breaks)
I will use them if its REALLY wet, where I want to go, but will avoid them as much as possible.

I have a really good vid of the kids catching some great Walleye and Pike from this trip. I will post it later, when I have a chance.

Glad you guys like the vids
Later

RD

Steeleco
09-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Great video again, so let me guess, your all alone when you get there?!! LOL
I especially like the little one giving the thumbs up!!

And yes, I'm jealous :sad::sad:

Rock Doctor
09-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Great video again, so let me guess, your all alone when you get there?!! LOL
I especially like the little one giving the thumbs up!!

And yes, I'm jealous :sad::sad:

Ya, we were alone out there for the first 4 days, then a friend came out (His place is about a km from mine). We rode out togeather a couple days later.
The trip was good, and the fishing was still on, although it's getting late in the yr. Fishing dies off at about this time in the Fall at this lake.

RD

BigBanger
09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Nice life , I wish being a city boy and all .

Gateholio
09-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Your videos are ALWAYS entertaining..I liek how the kid is just nonchalantly sipping away at the drink...:mrgreen: