PDA

View Full Version : How to have a really good goose hunt.

shotgunjohn
09-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Invite Marc on a day when he has to work!

Sorry buddy couldn't resist.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/9NiceCanadas.jpg

We really got into them this morning. Very fast action . Stared at 6:45 and nine on the ground by 7:30. Should of had ten but lost one in the standing corn. Fifteen acres of corn all over ten feet tall, anyway we had enough to pluck .

6 K
09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Wowzers, Looks like you had some fun! Wish I could have been there too.

HuntNHookSports
09-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Good shooting.

There is no geese down here in my spots. I have to spend tomorrow scouting. I wish Cow Bay was open now.

Qwa-honn
09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Nice work. There a very few birds in our area also and the ones that are here don't seem to be wanting to use the same field two days in a row.

Tikka7mm
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
wow...that's some good success. 9 geese in under 45 minutes....a lot of plucking!

mattchu_19
09-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Beauty hunt. All the geese in my area that I have been scouting are using fields which are either a no shoot zone or the land owner wont let you hunt. I think the biggest problem is that there is no corn off yet. Anyways way to crush some geese.

shotgunjohn
09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Well we got five more this morning, making it a very successful early season for us. Good thing it's over already, my plucking thumbs are sore.
There seems to be lots of birds this year so should be some good hunting in October when the corn is off.

Marc
10-02-2008, 05:46 PM
How did I miss this thread?

Nothing like rubbing salt into a man's wounds:biggrin:. I was invited out on the first morning hunt but I had to decline the offer as I had to head over to Aldergrove to finish off Marshall's Junior Hunter title. Looks like you made out OK. It really sucked that It all fell into the same weekend as Marshall and I would have had the day of our lives out there by the looks of things.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Marc_Marshall.JPG

Time to put all this training into perspective and start doing the real thing. One more week before the skies open up over the island!

Marc.

Jimbo
10-02-2008, 11:03 PM
" Should of had ten but lost one in the standing corn. "

Sorry Marc, it's not you Shotgunjohn wanted, it was Marshall.:smile:

rbduck
10-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Great pics and a big congrats on the geese.

Ron:mrgreen:

shotgunjohn
10-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Found the missing one when we chopped the corn. It had gone a lot further than we thought.
Should be some good hunts still ahead as the bears have put a lot of prime goose food on the ground.