PDA

View Full Version : NESCO JerkyXpress On Sale

bighornbob
09-11-2008, 11:17 PM
I recently picked up a Jerky gun at Princess Auto (I know stop the laughing) and searched what others have said becuase I remember a bunch of guys getting them for Christmas. It seemed like the NESCO JerkyXpress was the way to go to make Jerky. Guys said they picked theirs up at London drugs. So I went down there tonight just to have a look see and I was surprised they were on sale for $35.00 (regular was $49.99) so one came home with me.

Thought I would let you guys know.

BHB

Steeleco
09-12-2008, 04:11 AM
I got the Jerky press from PA in the summer, makes excellent Jerky from ground. I had to make a better plate from nylon as the stock one let a lot of meat get by. But now it works great.

OOBuck
09-12-2008, 05:27 AM
I recently picked up a Jerky gun at Princess Auto (I know stop the laughing) and searched what others have said becuase I remember a bunch of guys getting them for Christmas. It seemed like the NESCO JerkyXpress was the way to go to make Jerky. Guys said they picked theirs up at London drugs. So I went down there tonight just to have a look see and I was surprised they were on sale for $35.00 (regular was $49.99) so one came home with me.

Thought I would let you guys know.

BHB

Here's my link from last year

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17912&highlight=nesco

I'm now looking at the Cabela 3/4 HP meat grinder so I can do my own ground and skip the middleman all together.

The Nesco rocks, I bought the extra trays. I have made fruit leather
from nasty old frosen berries in the bottom of the freezer and it still
taste great!! Only problem I have found is eating tooo much!!!

huntcoop
09-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I know I know ya eat it too fast but how long could it last in the fridge?