PDA

View Full Version : Seniors Games

Canuck2
08-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Just got back from the Seniors Games in Duncan last night. I don't know about the other sports, but the archery was sure well run and the facility was excellent. The volunteers - from the folks setting up the courses to the much-needed providers of food and drink:D , as well as all others involved - were much appreciated; the club there has some fine people.

And I got to meet Eagle1, although didn't get to spend a huge amount of time with him. The great thing, though, was that his wife and mine got their noggins together and mine got to go to their place to pick blackberries. That's a real treat for us interior dwellers, so thanks a bunch you two.

Oh ya, I managed a silver medal.:biggrin:

P.S. You can keep that pile of junk you call a ferry system.:mad:

willyqbc
08-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Well good on ya Jack! I had a feeling you'd do well! Congrats from me and the missus!

Chris

Fred
08-30-2005, 08:45 AM
Only another Silver? I thought all good prospectors went for the gold? :mrgreen: Nicely done though Jack, I am sure there was some stiff competition. Fred

Bow Walker
08-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Well done indeed, Jack! A good outing and a fine showing at the finish.:!:

I was unable to make event myself as I was stuck at work all weekend:-(

BTW, did your wife end up bringing home a kitten or two from Eagle1's place?:razz:

Congrats again.
Dan.

Canuck2
09-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your kind comments, guys.

Chris, I'm dying to know how you made out in the early season up there.
Fred, I've made the same joke a number of times - my wife says that since this was the seniors games, the medal isn't silver, it's grey.:-(
Dan, no, no cats. Whew! I hear there are a couple there.