PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Boar Down

interceptor
09-07-2008, 12:44 AM
G' Day Lads,

Been pretty busy lately getting stuff sorted for our big move.

Friday after work my missus decides I have been getting a little too cranky lately and said "why don't you take the week end off from doing all this stuff and just go hunting for the week end?"

I headed to a new block that I have just gained access to, this is the result

A nice young Boar maybe 50kgs dressed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/interceptor429/hunting%20pics/DSCF2452.jpg

Cheers Noel

lip_ripper00
09-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Geeze, you going to miss that?:D well done. When is the big move?

interceptor
09-07-2008, 01:23 AM
G' Day Mate,

Yeah I will miss these tough Hogs, but I will have plenty of new game to chase eh!

The move is still a little ways off, But I have finally got the house on the market so it is only a matter of time.

Cheers Noel

kgs
09-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Noel (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=3583)you said you just got access to a new block exactly how does it work for hunting in the land down under? Will the hunting be better after the move? Always like to see a successful hunt good catch..

interceptor
09-07-2008, 03:10 AM
kgs,

Mate most of the land is privately owned so you just have to keep on your best behavior, knock on plenty of doors and most of all I just keep my ears to the ground, I actually got onto this place when I was at a roadhouse fuelling up my ute, a Lad pulled in and was chatting with the owner of the roadhouse about the deer they have running around eating the wifes plants. So I said "that sounds like a job for a Bowhunter". It took a while and I am still not allowed to hunt the deer near the homestead but I am getting onto his place and it also looks like I may get permission to hunt the neighbours as well.

As for the hunting after the move, I guess it will be what I make of it. Hunting all the new critters is sure to keep me busy for quite some time.

The view from my midday rest spot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/interceptor429/hunting%20pics/DSCF2444.jpg

Cheers Noel

Avalanche123
09-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Good to hear your storys from "down under". Good luck with your move and happy hunting in your new hunting grounds!

Love the pics and the animal too!

Steeleco
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Well done Noel, I wish we could hunt those monsters. Thanks

Bow Walker
09-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Right tasty bit of pork you've got there Noel. Here's hoping the move goes well for you and the family and that it takes no time at all to settle in.

kgs
09-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Funny I use to live in Kamloops B.C years ago and that picture reminds of it. Interesting story about how you get to hunt in different areas. Kinda glad I don't have to worry about that sort of thing to much.

interceptor
09-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks Lads,

Glad you like the pics, I also took out two Dingo's with the bow. No pics though, I lost one in long grass and the other died in it's den and I could not reach her.

Here is a pic of the den from as far in as I could go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/interceptor429/hunting%20pics/DSCF2454.jpg

I am hoping to get back up there in a couple of weeks.

Cheers Noel

huntwriter
09-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Boar hunting is something I haven’t done in a few years. Before I moved to British Columbia I went every year to Texas, Alabama and Tennessee. Wild boars is the only game species that I miss here in BC but knowing their growing rate and devastations they can cause on the land I am also somewhat glad we don’t have them here. I still miss it though.

I know from a friend who is from Australia that you have lots of Dingo’s, like we here have coyotes. How you hunt them? Spot and stalk or like we hunt coyotes by calling them into bow/gun range?

The Hermit
09-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey Noel

Great pics and great stories. So where have you decided to settle up here again? I'm sure you told us but your know... I grew up in the sixties eh! ;-) Was it Naniamo, Kamloops, Cranbrook??

interceptor
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
G' Day Huntwriter,

Yeah we have plenty of dingo's, they are a great predator especially if you get cross breeds as they are generally bigger and stronger, they will hunt is small packs and are quite capable of bring down sheep (we have millions) and deer.

I usually don't target them (but I will never leave one breathing if I can help it) unless they are thick and the property owner wants them gone, pretty much all my hunting is Spot & Stalk but you can call them in with a fox whistle if they hungry.

You are right about the damage hogs are capable of, they are a huge pest here, you are generally asked to kill everyone you see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/interceptor429/hunting%20pics/DSCF1006.jpg

Hermit,

Mate you are close :)

I will be moving to Alberta, south of Edmonton. Work will see me travelling all over Western Canada so I am pretty excited about it all.

Cheers Noel

Shooter Jr.
09-09-2008, 05:32 PM
great pics lets see more of them monsters on the site :)

Wildman
09-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Good job Noel...I see you are already starting to get Canadianized eh!