PDA

View Full Version : pitt marsh

sparkes3
09-01-2008, 08:00 PM
are there certain days that you are allowed to hunt pitt marsh .if so what days open for shooting i.i wanna get out for the opening day.thanks in advance for your help.

Dano
09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
You can only hunt saturdays, sundays and wednesdays during hunting seasons. No shooting off any dyke that borders a closed area. Get your special area map and scout it out.
It's a big area, sounds like we will have more guys out there than usual this season. Hope you have a dog, the vegitation is thick! Keep the long shots to a minimum, the birds will come in if you let them.
Dan

sparkes3
09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
i gotta dog and a boat are we aloud to use motors or is it paddles or electric only

dave
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Sparkes3,

You can use a motor in the marsh. There are a fair number of sunken logs and beaver dams to find, so it is a good idea to make your first trip once the sun is up.

FLHTCUI
09-05-2008, 07:42 AM
i gotta dog and a boat are we aloud to use motors or is it paddles or electric only
Read the Regs and the Special area map as well, then re-read the Regs once more especially the part about useing motorised means when hunting.
You touched on teh subject about useing motor or paddles/oars and the part about sueing a motor while hunting maybe construed as when you are going out to retreive a wounded duck/goose and it s still alive and the motor is running and the boat is going forward...
I am not famialiar with the Pitt Marsh, but this still applies...
Read the Regs.
Rob
Good Shooting

sparkes3
09-05-2008, 11:24 PM
is there a closer boat launch than the one at the end of rennie rd

sparkes3
09-06-2008, 05:02 AM
can we go yet