PDA

View Full Version : Migratory Bird Permits

costellojoj
09-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Just sent this message to Cdn Post Customer Service and to CWS.

Cdn Post provides a service to the public by selling migratory bird permits. However, over the years fewer outlets are carrying the permits. Also, neither Cdn Post Customer Service nor individual outlets can advise which outlets carry the permits. To make a bad situation worse, this year the permits were not available until Aug 27th. This level of service is not satisfactory. How does Cdn Post intend to rectify this matter

I don't understand why I can't just pick up my MBP at the same sporting good store where I purcahse my Provincial Hunting Licence.

Crazy_Farmer
09-01-2008, 06:44 AM
I wonder what would've happened if they couldn't get them out in time for sept 1st in alberta/sask? I'd be pretty sure there'd be some illegal hunting going on there but luckily they got in them before then. I know I bought my license beginning of august but then had to wait till last wednesday or thursday before our post office had bird stamps. I guess we're lucky that our general store/post office carries both.

Qwa-honn
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
they have not gotten them out in alberta once. The post office handed out "official" photo coppies of a letter from the federallies that the hunter is aware of the the need and made a effort to obtain one.

Tarp Man
09-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I have run into this here in Abbotsford. Last year to buy my stamp I had to go over to Mission to get it. Every office in Abbotsford I called was sold out and was told they were not getting any more. So once I call Mission postal office, they say they have lots. I zip over there, and the clerk says the Abbotsford main office has lots, as she was there yesterday. I let her know what the clerk said and she was surprised to hear that. I told her the name of the clerk and she would follow up as this person was known to be an anti-hunter. Her response to my appreciation of this was "I may not wish you 'happy hunting' but I understand what you are doing is our heritage and will sell you the stamp." Nice to find, for sure.