PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler Ridge, Murry River

Rock Doctor
08-14-2008, 08:52 PM
I took the Family to Tumbler Ridge for the music festival (Grizz Fest), and also brought my boat down to go for a run on the Murry River, to the falls. Very nice little boat ride, and some nice scenery along the way. Met some great guys and had lots of fun.
Here is a little look at the river and falls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1mnzmq-65k (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1mnzmq-65k)

RD

GoatGuy
08-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Cool video.

No pics of the whopper bull elk?

daycort
08-14-2008, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE][No pics of the whopper bull elk/QUOTE]
there is no elk in that valley, GG. Don't spread rumors it isn't nice.

The Murray is very nice and the falls are awsome. I found the best boating though down river.

GoatGuy
08-14-2008, 09:45 PM
[quote][No pics of the whopper bull elk/QUOTE]
there is no elk in that valley, GG. Don't spread rumors it isn't nice.

The Murray is very nice and the falls are awsome. I found the best boating though down river.

I must have been confused...................:p

Kechika
08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
was it 389 or 398 I cant remember:sad:

daycort
08-14-2008, 09:49 PM
was it 389 or 398 I cant remember

398, but not even close to the Murray.

Dirty
08-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Great video. My favourite part is when the boat is stuck and somebody's young daughter is helping to push the boat off the rocks. That is awesome!

moosinaround
08-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Wicked video as usual Doc. Wicked tunes to go with it!! Did you stop pretty suddenly in the shallow spot? See any bull elk? Love the vids. Moosin

Steeleco
08-15-2008, 12:07 AM
So is there anyone up north that doesn't own a jet boat :smile::smile:
Great video, wish I was there.

Wildman
08-15-2008, 05:47 AM
Once again....great video! Thanks.

GoatGuy
08-15-2008, 07:32 AM
398, but not even close to the Murray.

there have been others...........................

Rock Doctor
08-15-2008, 08:57 AM
I have it on the VERY BEST AUTHORITY, that there are NO ELK anywhere close to Tumbler..............None at all:smile:

Great video. My favourite part is when the boat is stuck and somebody's young daughter is helping to push the boat off the rocks. That is awesome!

That's my oldest Daughter, a very AVID jetboater.

Wicked video as usual Doc. Wicked tunes to go with it!! Did you stop pretty suddenly in the shallow spot? See any bull elk? Love the vids. Moosin

I knew it was going to be shallow, and had the boat flat out (60 km/h), from first contact to grinding stop was about 35 ft.
So 60 - 0 in 35 feet, I didn't even have time to say "Hold On" to my passengers. Wife and 2 kids ended up looking like bugs spattered on the inside of the windshield. Made me feel like a bit of an ASS, but no injuries and smiles all around. (Wife and kids "NEVER" ride in the front, but this time there were 3 of them up with me)

There are a few, but they just ride along with the guys that do have them:p.

RD

daycort
08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
there have been others...........................

GG, aren't most of the big elk killed down your way, and on the Kechika River:cool:.

Elkhound
08-16-2008, 09:55 AM

You just bought that huge boat......we can go next time.:cool::biggrin: