PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear Chasing A Doe And Fawn

Wildman
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Here is a clip I took the other day while I was out at work. I saw three big males all over six feet plus many smaller one, a few grouse with chicks one buck and three does. All during my 45min drive to and from the job site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7AjLFLeW34

ElkMasterC
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Nice vid. Talk about caught between a rock and a hard place..lol
Run from the bear, and to the human in the truck?
I noticed you shut the motor off, maybe giving them a chance to approach?

Any vid of the buck?

Wildman
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Nice vid. Talk about caught between a rock and a hard place..lol
Run from the bear, and to the human in the truck?
I noticed you shut the motor off, maybe giving them a chance to approach?

Any vid of the buck?

Well, I was not about to let the bear get either of them. Thankfully he smelled me and went into the bush. I was actually chasing a doe, buck and fawn down the road. I slowed down to let them get ahead of me so that they could get off the road. I started down the road again and to my surprise they were running back towards me. The buck was a 4pt BT. I didn't get any vid on him as I have not seen a bear chasing a deer before and I decided to devote my attention to them. I looked for the buck afterwards but he was long gone.

Mr. Dean
08-12-2008, 03:08 PM
2 weeks ago we saw a Black moving in a small group of cattle, on the Coq, past the toll's. The bear wasn't 5' from a mamma cow (open view) looking over three calves. Not sure of the outcome.

None of the cattle seemed to care... Dumbest of creatures that walk the planet.

Your vid is awesome. People can't grip that these are serious pred's.

Another note.
We just spent a week bushing on the rock. Not one grouse we saw and only one doe.

Wildman
08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Another note.
We just spent a week bushing on the rock. Not one grouse we saw and only one doe.

Really! I haven't seen so many hens with chicks as I have this year since I started hunting.

BlacktailStalker
08-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Thats awesome! Gotta love your job eh!
Moved it to the hunting footage, hope you dont mind.

Wildman
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Thats awesome! Gotta love your job eh!
Moved it to the hunting footage, hope you dont mind.

Yeah...that was a first for me. My job is great when I'm in the field unless it's blowing/sleeting/snowing/raining at the same time. Awesome this time of year though.
I didn't realize there was a hunting footage forum, no problem.

The 'Hummer'
08-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Good one! Thanks for sharing.:smile:

Mr. Dean
08-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Really! I haven't seen so many hens with chicks as I have this year since I started hunting.

Then,,, YOU DA MAN!
I obviously was in the wrong spots. Seen a fair amount of Bears though...

Yeah...that was a first for me. My job is great when I'm in the field unless it's blowing/sleeting/snowing/raining at the same time. Awesome this time of year though.
I didn't realize there was a hunting footage forum, no problem.

Yeah, we're hoping to get all the pic and vid threads dumped here. Kinda like having a wildlife channel of our own. :cool: