PDA

View Full Version : Shooting ranges in bc

headhunter257
08-04-2008, 04:21 PM
does anny one know of good 100yard shooting ranges in bc/lower mainland close too surrey or langly ment for mag caliber guns

Brett
08-04-2008, 06:25 PM
same, to sight in a scope/range in PG area? sorry to hop on.

The Dawg
08-04-2008, 06:32 PM
does anny one know of good 100yard shooting ranges in bc/lower mainland close too surrey or langly ment for mag caliber guns

Port Coquitlam Rod and Gun club. I was a member when I lived there. Good facility that has plenty of room for what you are looking for. Its only about 15 mins from the Port Mann.

Brett- PG has a range just east of town on Hartman road

Dirty
08-04-2008, 06:53 PM
-Ridgedale Rifle Range (abbotsford)
-Abby Fish and Game (Abbotsford)
-Mission Range
-Chilliwack Fish and Game

Mission or Ridgedale would probably be the closest for you. The traffic at the Port Mann bridge can best be described as ridiculous. Poco would be out of the equation for me on account of this. Mission is busier than Ridgedale from what I am told, but has better facilites (more $$$$).

jml11
08-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Brett- PG has a range just east of town on Hartman road

Check that Noahdawg it's west of town and you need to be a member of the club to get a key to get in (although i don't think it's always locked). I believe the membership is around 70 bucks a year now. They are trying to raise funds to finish the 1000 yard range down the blackwater.

Edward Teach
08-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Mission busy? When? The times I've gone, there have been 1-2 others. Once there was a whole 4 other people.

rishu_pepper
08-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Mission busy? When? The times I've gone, there have been 1-2 others. Once there was a whole 4 other people.

Yeah no kidding, Mission, even on weekends, don't get more than 3-4 people on the rifle range (out to 300 yards). I was there last Saturday mid-afternoon and there was nobody there, though the trap field was quite busy.

JeffR
08-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Wait till next weekend when they start opening the 300 yard range to the pubic for the pre-hunting season sight in. It will be packed.

rishu_pepper
08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, it's gonna suck when sight-in season hits... still, I don't think it'll be like the gong show that is PoCo on the weekends. If one isn't there by 10am, you won't be able to get a spot (out of, what, 18?) until someone leaves, and there are generally people waiting in front/after you. I've only been up there once on a Saturday and I'll never go back. The RO's tell me lots of "less experienced" shooters really make things a mess up there..

bcfarmer
08-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, it's gonna suck when sight-in season hits... still, I don't think it'll be like the gong show that is PoCo on the weekends. If one isn't there by 10am, you won't be able to get a spot (out of, what, 18?) until someone leaves, and there are generally people waiting in front/after you. I've only been up there once on a Saturday and I'll never go back. The RO's tell me lots of "less experienced" shooters really make things a mess up there..

But isn't this a good thing....we (collectively) all need practice but if I have to wait a little so that a "less experienced" shooter can get better, then so be it. It is the less experienced that are probably most responcible(yes I am guessing) for the bad PR we as firearm owners get.

We all learn by doing.
bcf

rishu_pepper
08-10-2008, 05:21 PM
But isn't this a good thing....we (collectively) all need practice but if I have to wait a little so that a "less experienced" shooter can get better, then so be it. It is the less experienced that are probably most responcible(yes I am guessing) for the bad PR we as firearm owners get.

We all learn by doing.
bcf

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting more shooters into the sport. I brought my cousin and his gf to Mission last weekend, and I'm bringing his brother and wife there tomorrow.

All I'm saying is, if you want an environment where you can shoot/develop loads in a relatively relaxed place, PoCo ain't the place to be, especially on Sat/Sun. Peace and quiet is found at other ranges like Mission. Occasionally PoCo is fine on weekdays and I love going there and do, but there are times where it's not the best option.

And why do you want to wait when you can have the range all to yourself? :biggrin:

TRIPALM
12-07-2008, 08:39 PM
cooper canyon it's called the 4 mile range

brian
12-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Yes but... when you get a bunch of them on the line, things can get a bit frisky. I'm a regular down there on weekends and some days you get more than a little nervous with so many loaded firearms in so many inexperienced hands. Its a good thing they are as anal as they are with the rules.