PDA

View Full Version : Africa Special !!!

Mooseman
07-31-2008, 01:27 AM
Dennis is a friend of mine and he writes for several bowhunting magazines. You can see his "Tips from the Oldtimer" at the end of the Traditional Bowhunter Magazine on a regular basis.

Have FUN :biggrin:
Michael

et all,
From time to time, I run across some real bargin hunts here in South Africa. This is especially true now becasue of the numberout "Land Claims" beging filed by indiginous tribes. These land claims are a legal way of taking ones land away and give it back to the original tribe in the area. Bottom line is that a lot of game farms are selling out to these tribes and the tribe will not purchase the animals with the land. So the game farmers have a specific amount of time to take the animals off or loose them. One of these farms is close to where I live (near the Phalaborwa Gate of Kruger Park). The place is called Silonque Game Park and they want to "cull hunt" the following animals:

40 Cape Buffalo (all ages and sizes- but there are no trophy bulls on this place). Cost is $1,500/animal
15 Blue Wildebeest (all ages and sizes- including some trophy bulls). Cost is $300/animal
10 Giraffe (all ages and sizes- predominantly big bulls). Cost is $750/animal- This is a real deal if you want a Giraffe.

Just thought I would throw tis out to you so you could give it some thought or pass along to a friend. This hunt must be conducted before Nov. 1, 2008.

Dennis Kamstra
Director of Marketing
McDonald Pro-Hunting International
safariden@aol.com
RSA cell: 076-638-3264
e-fax: +360-838-5859

Vossie
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Coming from South Africa I can tell you that these prices are a bargain. That area is also prime bush. One thing to keep in mind is that the daily fees to stay at these places might be high. At the same time you will be treated like a king. 100% experience of a lifetime.