PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic problem

bc sportsman
07-29-2008, 07:28 PM
I tried to post a reply on the Off Topic section. Tried posting to a number of different threads in that section. Got a Vmessage every time that says that I don't have priviledges to post in this section.

No big deal but I can't figure out why. I can successfully post elsewhere. Is there a problem?

Avalanche123
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM
I had the same problem and I sent a PM to the Moderator Marc. Likely some forum "glitch" or we both did something really bad and are banned LOL.

Stresd
08-02-2008, 08:11 AM
I am just now having the same problem.:?: Did the Admin get back to you with any reasoning??

mark
08-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Guys, that forum is primarily a buy and sell forum to which you respond by PM only!

Stresd
08-02-2008, 08:20 AM
But if the info may be of assistance to others they would not get it unless another Thread was started. Canadian Tire has nice cots for 60 bucks that our group have used for a few years now. Very comfortable even for a 6'4" 250 lb'er.

Bow Walker
08-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Just PM the thread starter - and if you feel the info important enough, then start another thread.

Steeleco
08-02-2008, 08:39 AM
But if the info may be of assistance to others they would not get it unless another Thread was started. Canadian Tire has nice cots for 60 bucks that our group have used for a few years now. Very comfortable even for a 6'4" 250 lb'er.

True enough: BUT we had for the longest time, members piping in comment like "I wish I could afford it" which bumped the add to the top of the section.
Then the original post would be awash in comments.

Hence the reason for the PM rule. Only the Mods/Admin or the originator can post/edit in the EE section.

Stresd
08-02-2008, 09:22 AM
True enough: BUT we had for the longest time, members piping in comment like "I wish I could afford it" which bumped the add to the top of the section.
Then the original post would be awash in comments.

Hence the reason for the PM rule. Only the Mods/Admin or the originator can post/edit in the EE section.

You mean like that most excellent, really informative post, submitted by BlacktailStalker in that same thread.:biggrin::-P

Steeleco
08-02-2008, 09:37 AM
If you mean the "cot" thread, even I missed that fact that is was in the EE section. moved to where it should be!!