PDA

View Full Version : looking to shoot my first bull where to go by Kimberley,BC

berteotti
07-24-2008, 04:26 PM
i'm new here in bc i have lived here for a year and a half and love hunting but i never got the chance to hunt last year because of the 6 month waiting period from moving from alberta,I love to elk hunt but have got skunk for many years wondering if anybody could give some areas that i could shoot my first elk here in bc i live in kimberley,BC and cant wait for the season nobody has to tell me there hot spots just want a bull

Thanks

07-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Lots of elk all over, you won't have any trouble finding them. Lost Dog, St Mary's, Matthew, etc.

BigBanger
07-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Nice to meet you too . Not sure how much luck your gonna have coming in and not even sayin hi , just saying where isent gonna get you to far i dont think .

How bout a joke and a little intro ?

bozzdrywall
07-24-2008, 05:03 PM
6616 might be right but i can show you were to get bulls if your ready to hunt hard and your ready to put in the time the places 6616 said are all good if you want to hunt around everyone else the bulls there are so pressured you will have a hard time getting an answer let alone a bull come in. unless it is a small young bull. Pm me i live in kimberly and i need a shooting partner iam going out this weekend to line i the new rifle and iam stooked.

berteotti
07-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Nice to meet you too . Not sure how much luck your gonna have coming in and not even sayin hi , just saying where isent gonna get you to far i dont think .

How bout a joke and a little intro ?

sorry for the no hi slow typer hi my name is ryan berteotti i'm 25 with two lovely daughters and a wife

berteotti
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
6616 might be right but i can show you were to get bulls if your ready to hunt hard and your ready to put in the time the places 6616 said are all good if you want to hunt around everyone else the bulls there are so pressured you will have a hard time getting an answer let alone a bull come in. unless it is a small young bull. Pm me i live in kimberly and i need a shooting partner iam going out this weekend to line i the new rifle and iam stooked.

ya none of my friends hunt but having someone to go out with would be awesome i'm 25 i shoot a 300 mag smith and wesson and 270 parker hale have to site mine in to soon where do you go around here?I am right into elk hunting and yes i love the hard and challenging elk hunts,not to keen on road hunters pretty boring driving up and down the same road my name is Ryan
my number is 427-3299 thanks for the reply hope to hunt with you well meet you first eh have a beer or beers lol

bozzdrywall
07-24-2008, 08:30 PM
well i will take you out if you are interested. Iam going to the range this weekend if you want top go. we can talk more then. call me or set up your personal message box i cant send you a pm or i would. email me at bozzdrywall@hotmail.com or call 12504325666

hunter 82
03-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Good Day all hunters out in the east kootenays.. I am new to the area, moved to Kimbereley last march. Been having a difficult time meeting people to hunt with as I work out of town on a 7/7 rotation..
I am an avid hunter, and even though I live out St. Marys Lake road I have failed to harvest an animal last year. I know a lot of people are tight lipped about hunting spots etc but I am looking to meet some friends who like to hunt and shoot.. Also looking to see if there is a shooting range in the area and a rod and gun club..

My name is Richard, I have 3 dogs and a wonderful girlfriend who moved out with me to this awesome area. We are both hoping to meet some people on here that enjoy hunting and shooting ..

Thanks all

Everett
03-15-2014, 08:13 AM
There is a rifle range up lost dog FSR and another range just outside Cranbrook on the way to Fort Steel there is skeet and trap club on the road to Cranbrook as well.
As for hunting loads of Elk, deer and bears down the St Marys, you can also try Hellroaring, Angus, Meachan and Perry they are all down your way and all have lots of animals.

hunter 82
03-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks Everett, much appreciated info regarding the rifle ranges.. I just have to get out and explore a bit more this summer and early fall.. I spent some time out by Meachan this fall and up Matthew Creek FSR.. Seen some animals but no good shots... I really want to get into elk hunting, during the summer I have seen them in my yard and come fall time they disappear. I've read that I have to get up to higher elevations... Still need a couple friends to hunt with..

Cheers,

Richard

GoatGuy
03-15-2014, 02:10 PM
There are lots of elk up the st.marry's. Many of the drainages without roads have horse trails - horse trails lead to elk hunting spots.

NORTHERN HUNTER
03-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Hellroaring has some pretty sweet elk country. Steep and thick but like anywhere in the koots if you get off the roads you can be rewarded. Further up the St. Marys valley there are some side valleys that hold amazing bulls....not the population densities you might see in the trench but good genetics. Best is to look at the guide outfitter sites to get a feel for where they are going if you are into trophy bulls. Beyond that find fresh sign, rubs, tracks etc and stick with it. Elk are quite wide spread around there. Good luck. Good hunting.

hunter 82
03-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Excellent, thanks all for the response.. If anyone has room in there hunting party I would like to join up with a few people in the area. Get together do some shooting and BS a bit.. Cheers,,, Richard

smart786tiger
10-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Hello bozzdrywall,

This is my first time hunting around Kimberley. I'm looking for 6 point Elk and Whitetail doe's, can you suggest any good place.