PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

bwerb
07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
So...my intro and several posts from yesterday all were deleted in the reboot purge...sigh...here's a "quick-and-dirty" intro.

I'm a dual citizen, Canadian and American...the vast majority of my relatives live in farm country in Washington and Oregon. I spent my childhood vacations visiting and traveling all over the Western US. My grandfather and relatives were my introduction to hunting and firearms. (I've lived the vast majority of my life in North Vancouver so I'm "city".)

I have two small boys and after several convergences of interests and deep connections to my family roots have redirected my interests towards hunting and continuing a legacy for my young family...that and a beautiful 95lb chocolate lab with a field trials bloodline.

My grandfather was really my introduction to firearms when he gave me several empty shells to use as "bullets" when I dressed-up as a cowboy at age 4. I had a collection of empty casings and remember the antique side by side 12 gauge over the fireplace. I shot my first gun when I came across a .410 shotgun shell in my grandfather's workshop and asked him what it was...I found out soon enough!

When my grandfather died, I inherited his hunting bow which has been a treasured possession for 20 years...I hope to be able to use it to continue the family legacy.

As to my background interests. I love the outdoors, I've camped all my life and love rockclimbing, kayaking, scuba diving...pretty much anything which gets me outside (and it gear intensive... :D )

I am here to learn. I've lurked for sometime and really like the group of people here and look forward to getting to know you.

Brian

Poguebilt
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Welcome!! enjoy the site and contribute where you can!

Steeleco
07-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes, Welcome. Don't be bashful, and share often!!

rock
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the site and enjoy

newhunterette
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Welcome to HBC, Brian

Glad you decided to repost your thread - HBC welcomes new members and we strange crew of people enjoy passing out information and receiving information as well as sharing our experiences and pictures

also not sure if this was passed onto you before the "black out" but our very own good guy and helpful "BEARMAN" Mr.Dean will hit you up for a joke as this became his special HBC Newbie initiation.

:) Ali

Crazy.kayaker
07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Welcome to your home away from home.

BigBanger
07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the site .