PDA

View Full Version : A little help

Crazy.kayaker
07-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Just got in to shooting and soon in to hunting if my shooting is good enough by that time. I am just wondering if someone here would be willing to go shooting with me and help me with my style and form and help me with any problems they spot before I develop a bad habit I have trouble breaking. I've been told I flinch when I shoot my .308 so I'll be working on that each time I shoot it I hope. I am going to be joining the Heffley Gun Club pretty soon. I live in Kamloops and would appreciate any help given.

I'll provide my own gun, ammo and targets you just provide your knowledge and critique my shooting.

I also want to thank Dirtbucker for showing Mr. Friendly and me the Heffley Range Friday.

Thanks

Crazy.Kayaker

Crazy.kayaker
07-22-2008, 05:43 AM
what my rant is missing.

brian
07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
If you want to find out how much you are flinching, bring a dummy round with you to the range. Have someone that you trust load your rifle for you so the dummy round is mixed in randomly. Your flinch will become painfully clear when you pull the trigger and nothing goes bang.

Steeleco
07-22-2008, 08:40 AM
what my rant is missing.

The site was hacked and 2 days worth of stuff went to cyber hell!!

That's said. I read your rant and tried to reply!! If your in the lower mainland sometime, I'd be able. But as your in the loops.??

Mr. Dean
07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I take it the rant was a cry of frustration of little offers/replies?
Too add to steeleco's suggestion; A direct thread title also helps.

Need Help...
Need Help With My shooting...

WTS, I'll be going to the range for a few hours on Wed. You're welcome to tag along.
Also. Member up for a club. Nothing is better than having a place to practice and shoot lots!

Crazy.kayaker
07-22-2008, 04:08 PM
If you want to find out how much you are flinching, bring a dummy round with you to the range. Have someone that you trust load your rifle for you so the dummy round is mixed in randomly. Your flinch will become painfully clear when you pull the trigger and nothing goes bang.
2 dummy rounds cost half the price of a box of ammo after taxes...I don't have that kind of money to spend on DUMMIES I'll just have to find a empty that fits and can be cycled in.

I take it the rant was a cry of frustration of little offers/replies?
Too add to steeleco's suggestion; A direct thread title also helps.

Need Help...
Need Help With My shooting...

WTS, I'll be going to the range for a few hours on Wed. You're welcome to tag along.
Also. Member up for a club. Nothing is better than having a place to practice and shoot lots!
I have a filled out application form for the Heffley Gun Club I now just need to get the money for a bank check and a check from the bank as I have no actual Checking account or checks in my possession.

As for the range visit with you it all depends on if your in Langley as your location indicates or in Kamloops? but I'll PM you just to make sure.

Thanks for the offer steeleco I'm planning on visiting my cousin in Vancouver some time in September and plan on bringing my guns down to take him shooting as he is interested in trying it at least once maybe even bring his daughter along to try it out...she lives in Surry so it might help keep her ALIVE ;) Sorry couldn't resist the Surry JOKE. So when I head down I'll contact you in advance to see if your can spare the time for the range.

Gateholio
07-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Dummy rounds cost half a box of ammo?:roll:

What's your adress, I will send you a dummy .308. It's ridiculously easy to make one.

Crazy.kayaker
07-22-2008, 04:34 PM
The site was hacked and 2 days worth of stuff went to cyber hell!!

That's said. I read your rant and tried to reply!! If your in the lower mainland sometime, I'd be able. But as your in the loops.??

I know about the hack I was one of the people that got the spam letter from TOM. Luckily I copy and pasted the URL after clicking the link and seeing the log in page so I didn't fill in my Login and Password but I did change it just because I feel safer doing so. I was just hoping my RANT was saved. It was my first ever rant both here and on CGN. Now I just need the weather to cool down so I can go out shooting with out sweating myself dry or melting my .22's barrel.

BigBanger
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
2 dummy rounds cost half the price of a box of ammo after taxes...I don't have that kind of money to spend on DUMMIES I'll just have to find a empty that fits and can be cycled in.

I have a filled out application form for the Heffley Gun Club I now just need to get the money for a bank check and a check from the bank as I have no actual Checking account or checks in my possession.

As for the range visit with you it all depends on if your in Langley as your location indicates or in Kamloops? but I'll PM you just to make sure.

Thanks for the offer steeleco I'm planning on visiting my cousin in Vancouver some time in September and plan on bringing my guns down to take him shooting as he is interested in trying it at least once maybe even bring his daughter along to try it out...she lives in Surry so it might help keep her ALIVE ;) Sorry couldn't resist the Surry JOKE. So when I head down I'll contact you in advance to see if your can spare the time for the range.

By the sounds of it , you teaching your cousins daughter to shoot wont keep her alive.

Mr. Friendly
07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
now that wasn't very nice Big Banger...he's making a crack. :( and considering how small our cousin is, chances are she'd try out the .22 we've got.

and Gatehouse, if C.K. doesn't send you a PM with our address, lemmme know and I'll let you know what it is so you can surprise him! ;)

BigBanger
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
now that wasn't very nice Big Banger...he's making a crack. :( and considering how small our cousin is, chances are she'd try out the .22 we've got.

and Gatehouse, if C.K. doesn't send you a PM with our address, lemmme know and I'll let you know what it is so you can surprise him! ;)

Lighten up bud I was joking as well

Rob
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
If your flinching with your .308, try lighter loads. also double up your ear protection, more times then not I think people are flinching due to the noise. I wear the small yellow ones that stick in your ears and also the ear muff types you buy at a tool place for about $10. I shoot a 7mmwsm with a brake on it (if Im at the range) and that is really loud.

huntwriter
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Just got in to shooting and soon in to hunting if my shooting is good enough by that time. I am just wondering if someone here would be willing to go shooting with me and help me with my style and form and help me with any problems they spot before I develop a bad habit I have trouble breaking. I've been told I flinch when I shoot my .308 so I'll be working on that each time I shoot it I hope. I am going to be joining the Heffley Gun Club pretty soon. I live in Kamloops and would appreciate any help given.

I'll provide my own gun, ammo and targets you just provide your knowledge and critique my shooting.

I also want to thank Dirtbucker for showing Mr. Friendly and me the Heffley Range Friday.

Thanks

Crazy.Kayaker
If you live in the Merritt, Kamloops vicinity send me a PM and we can arrange for shooting lessons.;)