PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Boat at Tuchodi

Rock Doctor
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
No Hunting in this vid, but we did see Deer, Elk and Moose
I had an oportunity to take a Sprint Boat out for a ride while at Tuchodi (last week of June). All I can say is.......WOW, what a rush. I think I want one.
I made it through the river between the lakes in under 2 minutes, I believe I usually take about 7-8 minutes with my boat.
It was kinda funny, I just ran into this guy at the lake, and we started talking. I said something that made him recognize me from a jetboating forum. He offered to let me take his boat out for a ride.
First time I ever drove a boat from the left side (Weird)
First time I ever had to drive while practically sitting on the floor (hard to see)
First time I ever drove a boat with a foot throttle (very weird)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cOhqDexKgN4

todbartell
07-16-2008, 11:38 PM
that thing just needs some wings......

very cool

4 point
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
And to think we used to go in there in the hunting season in the late 60ies & 70ies by C185 and never see anyone in there except the guide, Ross Peck and his clients. Ross & his assistants didn't like seeing us in there. That area must get real busy now both summer & fall what with the boats that are available now and with more folks owning them. I haven't been back for many a year now.

Blainer
07-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Very Cool.

Rock Doctor
07-17-2008, 11:06 AM
And to think we used to go in there in the hunting season in the late 60ies & 70ies by C185 and never see anyone in there except the guide, Ross Peck and his clients. Ross & his assistants didn't like seeing us in there. That area must get real busy now both summer & fall what with the boats that are available now and with more folks owning them. I haven't been back for many a year now.

There was, at least, 26 boats up there on that trip. The place is getting to be pretty popular.

BlacktailStalker
07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Half the you tube videos I try and view say "Sorry this video is no longer available"
So didnt work for me :(

greatwhitehunter
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Half the you tube videos I try and view say "Sorry this video is no longer available"

Same for me???

Rock Doctor
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Same for me???

I've been hearing alot of this lately, here and on other sites. Not sure what's going on, but I just clicked the link and it works for me.
Does it do this to you guys only on MY vids, or is it a problem with all vids?

Here is another way to get to it. This link will take you to ALL of my vids, the new one is at the top. Try going this route and see if it works for you.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

RD

Stresd
07-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Works fine for me. Great Vid. 147? not quite sure how the owner first took that when you showed him. Had to think about it a sec before he laughed

Rock Doctor
07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Works fine for me. Great Vid. 147? not quite sure how the owner first took that when you showed him. Had to think about it a sec before he laughed

Yes, I think what happened was that the GPS lost it's Sat link for a moment, and that made it come up with an incorrect MAX SPEED.
The owner said it's max speed is about 120km/h, so when I showed him 147 it kinda shocked him for a second.

riflebuilder
07-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I am begining to hate You tube, I like your vids Roc Doc. This one sounds interesting to bad I can't see it.

M.Dean
07-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Again we get to live a dream through your video's! Looks like that was quite the thrill, thanks, keep up the great movie making!!! M.Dean

mark
07-17-2008, 07:43 PM
A few of my buddies got boats like that, they are a blast to drive, but not really hunting buggys!

Elkhound
07-17-2008, 11:06 PM
very cool Kyle

2slow
07-19-2008, 03:30 PM
great video.
for the guys having problems viewing videos You might need to be logged into youtube to see all of its content

kishman
07-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Awsome video, good song as well. That sure looks like a lot of fun!