PDA

View Full Version : Lets break it down

Walksalot
07-31-2005, 07:18 AM
To be a successfull bowhunter requires many things to come together. How would you break it down? Here is my break down of a successfull hunt.

Stalking skills-30%
Accuracy-30%
Location-20%
Knowledge of animal-10%
Bush sense-10%

I know in a previous thread I made the statement that accuracy was 50% or better but I have since rethought that statement.

Steeleco
07-31-2005, 07:41 AM
All valid points but you forgot the BS luck!!!

Walksalot
07-31-2005, 07:47 AM
All valid points but you forgot the BS luck!!!

Good point, it does enter into the equation, doesn't it.;)

sealevel
07-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Theres know room in your breakdown for being at the rite place at the rite time

All your carfull stock at preperation goes down the drain when Mr hugh buck that you`ve scouted the last two rememders that nice patch of clover in yonder field. In alberta sask. or even down in yankee doodle land you know were the deer are if there not in the field there in the strip of timber along the edge or in bc they can go any where.

willyqbc
07-31-2005, 09:21 AM
I think the percentages change depending on the situation, but I do know this....remove any one of those and your odds pretty much drop to zero. Thay usually ALL have to come together or its just not going to work.

Chris

greybark
07-31-2005, 03:49 PM
;) Hey Walkalot , Interesting post. The only numbers I would change is take 10% from Stalking and add it to Knowlegde of Animal . Heck since most of my hunting is done from a treestand make that 20% .:lol:

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

greybark
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
;) Hey Walksalot , There are 20 Billion trees in your hunting area chosing the right one to hang your treestand would fall under what catagory.:lol:

Walksalot
07-31-2005, 09:26 PM
;) Hey Walksalot , There are 20 Billion trees in your hunting area chosing the right one to hang your treestand would fall under what catagory.:lol:

Trial and error, I moved a stand three times before the animals were coming right underneath my treestand and they stopped winding me.

Walksalot
07-31-2005, 09:34 PM

That would be location, location, location Greybark.:grin:

oldtimer
08-01-2005, 06:29 AM
Greybark makes a very good point. If you hunt from a stand you have to know your animal so make that more, but to hunt that way you have to have something a lot of us don't---- PATIENCE !!!!!!!!!!! If you are like me who drives thru an area, gets out and goes for walks thru the timber i would think stalking skills would be higher and that would include scent coverage, camo, calling,etc. Not sure but somehow I think accuracy has to be a little higher but don't know which category to reduce. MIKE

ruger#1
08-01-2005, 09:31 AM
you guys heres something nice to check out ive ordered mine for bow hunting in the interior and okanagon, www.camowest.com (http://www.camowest.com) cant wait till it gets here.need info one where to buy this camo in the lower mainland give me a pm. the bullseye is the only one eye i want to see.