PDA

View Full Version : Heading Out

MB_Boy
07-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Well, I am off to Desolation Sound and points Northwards, likely up as far as Port Hardy for 10 days of cruising around, fishing, crabbing, prawning, beers and just all around lazy days. We have 4 boats heading out this afternoon from Van that range from 35' to 44'. I will be sure to take a lot of pics, hopefully of some big fish and lots of "bounty" from the ocean.

Going to be trying for salmon pretty rigourously up around Sonora, Stuart and north so hopefully things will go our way!!

Marc
07-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Sounds like a good time for sure, I hope you do well, I know the boys on the south part of the Island are into pinks big time and catching shinooks as well.

I'm headed out camping for 3 nights as well with my new camper but it's only in an RV park. I've got to break the wife in gently I guess :D

Marc.

Fred
07-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Man, the ocean is even flatter than the prairies but I predict that you will have a high old time! :biggrin: Fred

MB_Boy
07-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Man, the ocean is even flatter than the prairies but I predict that you will have a high old time! :biggrin: Fred

You got that right.......and that IS flat. It is so calm out there it is like being in Winnipeg, standing on a kitchen chair and looking at Regina.

BTW.........for those that have not had the pleasure of "the prairies".....it is flllllllat.