PDA

View Full Version : Target review

jrjonesy
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
For those archers interested. I just came home with a BLOCK 4X4 target and gave it a try with about 30 arrows. For those not familiar, it has the solid outer layer with layered foam on the inside. I bought it for field points as I have a separate broadhead target. Put my first 3 arrows into it and thought I was going to have to go get my neighbor to help me pull them out.:-) With much effort and dissappointment I got them out. I decided to put a few more and found that the next ones (and subsequent) all pulled out easily. I think that because of the solid outer layer a vaccuum was created in the target and until a few holes were put it in, the first arrows were being held in with extra force from this vaccuum. Only thing I can think of. Anyways, I'm pleased now, so far looks good...we'll see what sort of life I get out of it.
I had read good things about the bulldog fp target. Actually tried to buy one but after not being able to get through to the supplier for a week, I got impatient. There's another thread on the bulldog, I'll be anxious to see what peoples thoughts are on it. JJ