PDA

View Full Version : Login bug

spink
07-04-2008, 10:08 PM
As some of you have noticed, if you were to go to huntingbc.ca, the page would ask you for a login, however clicking to the forum would automatically log you in.

We have since changed the way the page works, so now you will be directed to the correct page, and should always appear to be logged in (assuming you have chosen to remained logged in).

Please let us know if this does not work for you, or causes other problems.

If you have troubles staying logged in, try closing all open browser windows and clear all cookies. Then load your browser and try logging in again.

Elkhound
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Spink...I receiced an email from Iron head on the site here. He tries to log in but can't. He puts in his user name and password. It then says thank you for logging in Iron head. Next page opens up but he is not logged in?

What can I tell him. Anything you can do to help?

Steeleco
07-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I have that exact thing happen on certain computers at work, never have figured out why, I just avoid them! It has to be an individual computer setting as the next computer will work fine, and they're all on the same OS and server?

spink
07-09-2008, 11:02 AM
sounds like either the browser is not storing cookies (should be under the tools menu), or that there is an old cookie preventing the new one from being stored. Try resetting the browser settings to default and clearing the cache and cookies.

Iron-Head
07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Finally I am logged on, It took 15 tries after deleting old cookies.. :!:
But I dont think I will be logging out anymore:lol:

Thanks for the tip Dave.