PDA

View Full Version : P.a.l

kshort
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question about the PAL waiting time, im coming up 4-5 months and havent got a word back about anything, my refrences have been called and all the rest of it.. is this unusal or am i just not being patentient enough?

Thanks
:smile::shock:

The Dawg
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question about the PAL waiting time, im coming up 4-5 months and havent got a word back about anything, my refrences have been called and all the rest of it.. is this unusal or am i just not being patentient enough?

Thanks
:smile::shock:

They can take quite a while...give them a call and find out whats going on...sometimes that puts a bug up them and moves it along.

Crazy.kayaker
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
has your PAL been approved??? click below to find out
Proceed to Secure Site to Check the Status of your application (https://secure.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/eCFRSInternet/editLicenceQueryChoice.do?language=English)

to make sure that it has finished being processed so when you call you can tell them if it's been processed and awaiting mailing or if it's in limbo.

I will say this much my application was in process for 28 days got called by the CFO about my RPAL they talked to my References and 2 hours later when I checked my status it said Finished and mailed.

Either way best of luck and hope it comes SOON.

C.K

CRS
07-03-2008, 03:14 PM
I just got mine back today.....3 1/2 weeks......

betteroffishing
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM
i waited a few months for mine back in 06 gave them a call and had it in hand in 3 weeks.

4 point
07-03-2008, 07:51 PM
How are they time wise with getting renewal PAL's processed and back to you anyone know?

Crazy.kayaker
07-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Mines been approved for a week and a half since it's been approved and in the mail.....I'm just wondering when it will actually arrive.

Huey
07-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Just like many I'm playing the hurry up and wait game, waiting for my first PAL. Today I called and asked for an update....

Although she will most likely never see this I wanted to give a HUGE thank you to the person who helped me today. Her name was Cheryl. She went into every detail with me, about when my application began and then took the time to dive into my file to ensure everything looked ok. She informed me that my application (now close to the 45 day period) is currently in the screening process. She then put me on hold to do some more investigative work for me. I've never been so happy to be placed on hold before!!! She was so friendly! She then passed me to the screening dept where I spoke with Jennifer...

At this point I thought oh great I lost Cheryl and I'll get a grump like I have every other time. But boy was I wrong! Jennifer from the screening office was just as awesome! She again told me all about the screening process and then she started to officially screen/interview me over the phone. This probably saved a few days/weeks of them playing phone tag with me.

Times like these I feel like I might be a little to cynical and pessimistic at times... I really hope that today wasn't just a fluke that I found two extremely helpful people. Let's just call the other times I called and spoke to grumps the fluke and rare times.

Again, THANK YOU Cheryl and Jennifer!!!!

bsa30-06
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
How are they time wise with getting renewal PAL's processed and back to you anyone know?

i had mine back in my hands in less then 3 weeks, that was back in about january.

Mattimoose
07-05-2008, 06:06 AM
I'm renewing and it's been about 2 months so far; it's making me paranoid because i'm in the middle of a divorce etc. My current is OK till Nov.

Steeleco
07-05-2008, 08:02 AM
My advice to all, renewal or new. If after a couple of months you haven't received your PAL start calling them. I too renewed in Jan, 6 months early because to the time it took for the last one, but it came in under a month.

The new crew do seem to be more with it than the old CFC troops but a call a week will get you results!

Crazy.kayaker
07-05-2008, 06:44 PM
The new crew do seem to be more with it than the old CFC troops but a call a week will get you results!

Good to know. So I'll be calling at 11:30 PST (after mail drop) on Wednesday if it hasn't arrived by then.

Deadeye
07-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Great thread, I just finished the practical exam about 20 mins ago. Restricted on Monday, then it's the waiting game for me too. I don't mind too much because I know that once I get it I'm gonna be broke for a while, lol. Sounds like, when I do submit it, I need to be a bit of a squeaky wheel - thanks for the advice.

Huey, glad to hear you had great help from the CFC. It's certainly not what one normally expects from any part of government !!

Huey
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Hallelujah...........

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)