PDA

View Full Version : Pardon the Stupidity of this question

Crazy.kayaker
06-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Anyways forgive me for asking this really stupid question but its for the locals or Kamloops and anyone that has used BOTH ranges in Kamloops as I'm comparing them.

I live in westsyde and would like to join a shooting club but neither of the two certified long gun ranges are located nearby us I know of the open range 10-15 minutes away from where I live and of the shooting clubs one up past the prison known as the KTSA and the one out at Heffley Creek. What I'm wondering is which one is worth the drive both will take me about the same time to arrive as I live near the centennial park in westsyde. Please let me know what you think of the different ranges as I would like to learn to shoot properly with the rifles I've purchased which are an Ithica 72 in .22 and a Winchester M88 in .308

Thanks

C.K

P.S. If someone would take me out I'd cover the cost of the ammo I use or if someone will tutor me on how to shoot and clean my guns once I do get them in a week or two that too would be much appreciated.

dirtybucker
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
heffley creek is my choice its a great range and a cheap membership... if you become a member now youll probably only have to pay a half of year so 30 bucks or so... im a member there and i recomend it to all my friends

Crazy.kayaker
07-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the vote I do have one question is there and how much if so is it to show up and shoot to see what the place is like?

Mr. Friendly
07-04-2008, 04:37 PM
monthly membership is $90 there. so if it's half the fee, $45. :)

dirtybucker
07-06-2008, 10:26 AM
monthly membership is $90 there. so if it's half the fee, $45. :)

you mean yearly membership:wink:

Caveman
07-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they have or at least used to have a drop in fee. Stop in at the Powder Keg and ask, I believe someone is part of the club, I think it is Mark but don't quote me on it.

Crazy.kayaker
07-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Been awhile I know, but is no one here a member or ever gone shooting at the range past the prison up in Aberdeen? I would like to take a tour and maybe try some plinking there. If I can avoid the walk in/visitor fee I would so much appreciated it. I'm looking for a range to get a membership at and still need to find out some info on what its like.

I am going to be checking out the Heffley range once I get my .22 with a member there. Thanks for the invite again. All this is if my PAL shows up today or tomorrow so my rifle can get shipped to me and arrive by end of week or beginning of next.

So if you've been there or know anything about the shooting range up past the prison I would so appreciate it.

C.K

Crazy.kayaker
07-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Got my Card in the mail just a few minutes ago all excited. Now to send off for my GUNS.

twanger
07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Crazy K. there is a small Range up Batchelor as well (100 yards) also known as the dump in my mind. I cannot believe some of the things people drag up there and shoot. :mad:

Mr. Friendly
07-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Crazy K. there is a small Range up Batchelor as well (100 yards) also known as the dump in my mind. I cannot believe some of the things people drag up there and shoot. :mad:
yes, that's the setup put there by the Kamloops Fish & Game Association.

Crazy.kayaker
07-07-2008, 01:21 PM
yup we call the mess just below it where the long lake road goes off to the right the 'WAR ZONE' as it looks like a battle was fought there before they put that berm in. I have checked out the batchelor hills open range with Mr. Friendly it's a nice range except for the fridges, freezers, rubber tires and other junk brought and left there and ventilated by above mentioned idiots.

That range is also only about 10-15 minutes away depending if I get green or red lights on my way up. Which I will soon be doing.