PDA

View Full Version : Another HBC Newbie

Viking
06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Someone at work mentioned HBC, so I had check it out and been lurking around for a while before signing up, so it is only appropriate to slap some info about me on this board. Used to hunt back in the late 70’s – early 80’s, but gave it up and sold my rifle and shot gun. Now I’m back into it because of a good friend kept bugging me. I didn’t realize how much I missed it. Got a bull moose last year. Taste real good, but just about gone. Time to fill that freezer again.

The name gives away where I came from, so no need to expand on that. What matters is being in the most beautiful place on earth, BC, a place you can get high on, in my mind.

Having to stock the arsenal again, I have come to the conclusion that a 270 wsm with 3-9x40 scope is what I will be looking at. Preferably Tikka T3. Just have to figure out the pro’s and con’s of Stainless vs. Blued? Is visibility a down side for stainless? Or is there any other down sides of stainless that should be considered? Your comment would be appreciated, thanks

Great site,
Lots of good info.

Oh, I guess there is something about a joke for newbies, Don't have a sense of humor, but you asked for it, so here it goes:

The teacher was giving the class a math question. Three crows sitting on a farmer’s fence and the farmer shoots one of the crows, how many is left. Only little Johnny put his hand up, so the teacher had to call on Johnny. “Johnny how many crows are left on the fence?” Little Johnny answered: “None, the two other crows would fly away” The teacher said, “I like the way you think, but that is the wrong answer” Little Johnny put his hand up again and the teacher said “what now Johnny” Johnny says “There is three women sitting on a bench in the park eating ice cream. One is licking her ice cream, one is sucking the ice cream and the third one is biting it, how do you tell which one is married?’ The teacher a little concerned and wondering what Johnny was up to decided to answer after thinking a little about it, she concluded it had to be the women sucking her ice cream and she told little Johnny. Johnny said “ I like the way you think, but your answer is wrong, it’s the one with the wedding band on her finger”

Oh! Better cover my ____
Disclaimer: Using the name Johnny is in no way to be construed as to be referring to any person named Johnny from this forum or any other forum and any other Johnny(s) out there, nor suggesting that Johnny(s) is or was a thorn in the side of his or their teacher(s), nor is or was there any intend to suggest that teachers are stupid and can be sucked in by any little Johnny or that any little Johnny are smart enough to suck in any teacher.

MIL720
06-28-2008, 04:14 PM
welcome to HBC.....You'll fit right in

Marc
06-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the site and good joke.

Shed Hunter
06-28-2008, 08:11 PM
welcome to HBC. like your joke.

Bow Walker
06-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Welcome Viking - you're beating 'us' to the punch by posting your joke right away. Good one. Like to see 'da deaner' one-upped!

Wolfman
06-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Welcome aboard, dude.

Wolfman

Elkhound
06-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Welcome. Dean will like that one

Allen50
06-28-2008, 10:46 PM
good jokes. now what fo you know about hunting,, lol lol,, welcome aboard.....

NaStY
06-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the forum......

bsa30-06
06-29-2008, 09:14 AM
welcome to HBC.

anglo-saxon
06-29-2008, 10:14 AM
What? A Viking AND and Anglo-Saxon in the same forum? LIGHT THE BEACONS!!!

Newb here, too, mate. Welcome!

Steeleco
06-29-2008, 10:23 AM
OK I'll answer the question!!!! If you like the T3 then by all means buy one, some like some don't. As far as stainless over blued, IMHO the animals don't give a damn!!! some are shinier than others but hopefully they're looking down the bore. LOL If your like a good portion of BCers RAIN is a way of life, that said stainless helps to control corrosion, it won't stop it, just slows it down.

BTW welcome to the site!!!!

rock
06-29-2008, 11:29 AM
welcome to the sight, enjoy

Johnny G1
06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Even I welcome you to the forum..

Mr. Dean
06-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Cheers and welcome.
Thanks for 'another' Johnny Tale.

Wolfman
06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the party! ;-)

Wolfman

Viking
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys
Steeleco, I take it you say that stainless is a bit less work to maintain. Hope they don't get the chance to look down the bore LOL